Chapter Twenty Four

tima32 this one is for you !
The cover above is by my namesy and sweetheart ,new found Besty that will soon replace Hasny Humayrah_Gurama

Never loose hope in Allah , as far as there is life then definitely there's hope .

3 months later

My jaw hurts from smiling non stop , guess what ? Her royal highness, the Queen of no man's land is finally getting married to her heartthrob and everyone is happy except Hajia Amna and her daughter but who cares about how they feel ?definitely not me. I've been going up and down for the past one week just to make this day special and unforgettable for Simmy ,she deserves the very best I can offer ,Jiddah is on her way because she's living in another town ,thankfully after a lot of begging and blackmailing her husband, he said yes ! It's kinda a friends reunion affair, I've missed that girl so much and can't tamp down my excitement to see her.
" Manal go get some rest ,you've been working since morning ,I'll take care of everything here ,jazakillah khair for your efforts " that was mama collecting the tray of snacks from me.
" I will do it mama ,don't worry besides Simmy is busy with the guests this is the least I can do " I said reaching for her to give me back the tray but she refused insisting that I should go and have some rest ,truth be told am tired and famished but I wanna clear my conscience considering the role Simran and Jiddah played when I got married , I can't believe it is almost a year and a half since I became Taseer's wife and Alhamdulillah we've gotten this far and happy .

I wanted to slip into Simmy's room unnoticed so that I can have a few minutes to myself, call my husband and eat some snacks but Simran has other plans for me .
" Hey bestie turned maidie ,come and meet my friends and cousins " she gave me a sweet smile which earned her the look she knows so well, more than anything ,Simran knows that I hate crowds ,hence the reason why I don't have a big circle of friends, I find it hard to socialise with people, arrogance aside , I really feel uncomfortable and right now, the look most of them are giving me isn't helping matters at all. I plastered a fake smile and went into the living room ,said hi's and Salaam's and made a beeline for the room and the devilish bride had to call me back again. " you should come and chat with us Manalie, it's my big day so you can't say no " I wanted to strangle her till she finds it so hard to breath but I controlled myself gave her a sickly smile hoping she gets the message and left .

I was awakened by a shrilling sound of a voice sounding like that of Jiddah's ,I have no idea when I slept off, maybe after talking with Taseer and filling my stomach to the brim. I squealed and gave her a bone crushing hug .
" Welcome habibty. How was your journey, kinga yanda kikayi bulbul dake kuwa ?" I asked and the idiot blushed .
" Fine Alhamdulillah, ya hidima, is Simran really getting married today ?" She asked with amusement dancing in her eyes, I know why she asked that question, Simran had been behaving hyper today, talking non stop to hide her anxiety, we both know the feeling but that girl is crazy like hell, who gather people and tell them how she met Ameer, how they were almost separated and all sorts of things she ain't supposed to tell anyone.
" you know her , that's why I came here ,I can't deal with her neither get embarrassed, come and sit, lemme get you something to eat " I collected her bag and went to mama's room where I had already kept Jiddah's lunch and snacks .I came back to find her praying so I went to perform ablution also .Wait ! Zuhr?? That means Simran's nikkah had already been solemnized while I was sleeping ,I dashed to where she was surrounded by lots of people, not caring what they might think or say and gave her a hug. " Finally Mrs Ameer , copyrighted and stamped ,rightfully his " I said with glee and the idiot that has been rambling nonesense earlier started crying ." I know right Manalie, but I will miss everyone here ,even lulu our cat, you know I will even miss watching in this very living room and the TV Yahsalam I will even miss mama's stern looks, Yaya Al amin's glares and the way everyone says I talk too much ,gosh manaliey even the guard man, the flowers the family times and my Abba and every other thing, my room, my bed,my ceiling ,the creaking sound my door makes " I sat there looking at her ,my mouth hanging open am sure all the people present there are looking at Simran like she has lost it am not sure whether I don't think the same too. I managed to shush her and take her to her room.