chapter 1

My name is Manal khaleed and this is my story.

On a beautiful Sunday morning in the 90's my parents were blessed with a beautiful baby girl "Me" that day was the happiest day and a distinguished Milestone in the lives of my parents and all those who are close to them.

Before I was born, My Parents had nothing, everything is unexpected for them. They live in fear of the unknown and what is to come because they live in abject poverty. My dad is educated but he couldn't secure a job until when he married my mom and they left for the city. There was a time when my mom used to scold me telling me they know what it is like to go hungry for days but I never take heed.

That fateful day I was born, my dad got promoted and new doors of success were opened for him which makes me fortunate enough to grow up in luxury and I never lack anything that I wanted. My parents love me so much but they never over pamper me neither leave me to behave in a way contrary to the teachings of Islam but I have one habit which everyone hates except me: Arrogance. Am a very arrogant person. I don't mingle with girls whose parents are not as rich as mine .I am never polite to the people that are not as fortunate as me, I hate poor people they stink and disgust me and I never help those who are in need not because I don't have the means to do that but because to me they choose their own destiny and they should suffer for the wrong choice they made.

There was once a very old and frail woman who came to me sobbing and asking me to help her with any amount of money to buy some drugs, but I didn't, she begged me in the name of Allah to have mercy on her as Allah have had mercy on me but I didn't budge. Then a guy came towards us in torn and worn out clothes that screamed poverty, he looked at her with so much pity and love you might think she's his grandmother ,he asked what the matter is and brought out a tattered looking money just like him, offered it to her and gently helped her to get a cab. I stood there looking at him with wonder, this guy is crazy right? How can someone who has nothing and is seeking for help too do that ?don't he have sense? What if he's about to do something important with the money he gave her? With those thoughts I shrugged and left. But the picture of what happened that day kept on replaying in my mind almost everyday.

The clique of girls I hang around with in school are the coolest and the richest but I don't actually talk much whenever we seat together , I actually don't really like them. My best friend is Simran and we always disagree on things because we have different opinion when it comes to life. She is chatty and kind, she always scold me for being arrogant, whenever I treat someone badly she won't hesitate to tell me that what I had done is uncalled for and bad. But I love and cherish her nonetheless. Our friendship dates back to our childhood ,we grew up together, going to the same school since kindergarten, sleeping over at each other's house during weekends. That's me right from the beginning.

This is short and I'm sorry I promise I'll write a long chapter next time just don't wanna keep you guys waiting even though I can't wait too.
Jazakumullah Khair as you read ❤