Chapter Twelve

*You're mine and I am yours ,I hope we keep that title forever *

I was too tired that I've missed subh prayer and only prayed when the sun was already up and people are bustling about, making arrangements for the walimah .

The men had their Reception after the nikkah yesterday and today's event is solely for the women ,the XX's as Simran said .

I took a warm relaxing shower , taking my time to scrub every nook and cranny before finally coming out .Simran passed me my phone saying that the groom is shameless and he couldn't wait to talk to me later and had been calling over 5 times .

" Hey ! That's my husband you're talking about ,mind what you say or I swear you will get a slap " I glared at her while I shooed them out of the room,both of them muttering that I've started taking sides already and I no longer need them in my life .

" Assalamu Alaikum " I greeted

"Wa'alaikissalam Hayatee ,where have you been ? I was freaking out thinking you've eloped " he said

" With whom if I may ask ?"

" who knows ? Considering the fact that you didn't even wish your poor husband goodnight yesterday and you switched off your phone before he can call and perform your duty for you " that made me smiled and hug a small throw pillow to my chest.

" My poor husband I am sorry ,but in my defence I was tired and it's all your fault ,it's too much to take in that you're my hubby " I pouted

" You don't like me then ?" He sounded scared as if he don't actually want to hear my answer .

" Will I call you my husband if I don't like you ?" It came out before I knew what I was saying .Yahsalam now I've sold myself out ,am too eager and stupid sometimes .What if he don't feel the same way about me ? From the other side I heard him inhaled and exhaled,taking a deep breath

" I couldn't sleep last night Manal,I was just thinking about you , please give us a chance " he pleaded .

" Haba Taseer, I wasn't forced into this marriage please stop saying such things ,you're my brother remember? We will figure this out in shaa Allah don't fret please ,we are in this together" I consoled him

" Okay Habibaty ,I am not happy I can't see you till after the walimah ,do take care of my wife for me " He said while I smiled and bade him goodbye promising to call him as soon as we are back.

My friends came back a while later with a platter of goodies forcing me to eat a lot more than I intended while they keep fussing about how I've become a bad friend after getting married ,that they will undo what has been done and make me single again, Simran said both me and Taseer are behaving like lovestruck puppies and we are head over heels for each other.

" I don't think he loves me ,maybe he's just trying to be kind " I blurted out what I was thinking .

" No , he has something for you Manalie ,it might not be as much as you love him or it might be more than you do love him ,but it's there ,only a blind person will deny the fact that he loves you " Simran said while applying powder on her face.

" I hope so " I whispered scrolling through Jiddah's gallery looking at the pictures from yesterday .

" You know Manal is a novice in all this love thingy ,I don't know what good reading all those huge novels have done to her " Jiddah teased drawing out Sydney Sheldon's if tomorrow comes from the shelf .

" There is a difference between imaginations and reality ,besides I've never had a boyfriend before so my husband is my first in all the strata of relationship ,first guy I considered as a brother and a friend ,now my husband and the book you're holding is not a love story " I snatched the book away from her which earned me a smack while Simran Chuckled .