Chapter Nine

* Sometimes the little voice inside us can either be our salvation or doom*

MUNTASEER

From the first time I set my eyes on her I know that there is something special about her, she's a gem and I wondered whether she knows that .I've been noticing little things about her that I doubt if she knows ,like the way her eyes twinkle when she's happy ,the way she skips when she walks, the way she smile at little things even though she hardly smile at people . She keeps to herself and she's not much of a talker and I came to realise that she's carefree and naughty only with her friends , she's a playful person and she's sarcastic .She's good , really good but she's arrogant that's the only flaw of hers that I don't find cute or endearing. Whenever she's rude to me I use to think that what if she knows the stories of all the people she treats badly ,will she do so too? .

It will be a big lie if I say that what she has done to me didn't hurt me ,even though I was hurt by what Hanifa did to me ,but I knew that it will happen long before I started living in uncle Khaleed's house because of the change in her attitude towards me and the fact that I don't actually care about her in a romantic way .

The first time she had asked for my forgiveness I wanted to forgive her right that instance but the fact that I had cried like a baby and she has seen me at my weakest point made me held back and I felt ashamed that I had cried and knowing her ,she might use it against me someday and hurt me .since that day after what happened I started seeing the new side of her and somehow I was glad she did what she has done which might be a turning point for her in a good way .I had forgiven her the moment I had calmed down and after telling uncle Khaleed what happened between my ex fiance which led to Hajia's illness he was so angry and right that instance he gave Manal to me .

I can't tell you how happy I felt that day and Hajia cried tears of joy,he said that since no one will consider the fact that Hajia raised me well and I am not a bastard he knows me and my dad and he is sure that I won't ever hurt his princess and that he won't let anyone disgrace the son of Muhammad his dearest friend. He told me that even though he knows Manal can be rude and inconsiderate most of the times she's a good person and I won't regret marrying her . Ammy is the happiest to hear about Abby's decision saying that she has been praying day and night to find a pious husband for her only daughter but it was agreed between us to keep it a secret from Manal .

When she didn't protest to the fact that she will be married to the man of her Abby's choice I was happy because if she had said no I would've told uncle Khaleed to let her be .
I admire the fact that she's very religious above all her qualities knowing that I've found a good wife that'll teach my children the deen.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her at the orphanage because It is the last place I will expect her to be .Amir was telling me that Simran told him they are going out and I didn't bother to ask where knowing that he will tease me to his fill before telling me .I saw simran first who went to her boyfriend then she came out a while later looking so happy and gorgeous .I mentally promised myself to remind her how beautiful she is everyday after we get married .

Then came Simran who interrupted our moment I wasn't happy but then I reminded myself that I have a lifetime ahead with her ,why not let her have the rest of the few moments with her best friend then we Left for the other orphanage homes.

---

The drive to the village was a fun filled one everyone tell funny stories and there was laughter everywhere .Uncle Khaleed and I sat at the front while Hajia,Ammy and Manal at the back seat .Tho Manal's attention was mostly on the book she is reading but she contributed to the banter a lot mostly telling us about Simran and Jiddah since they are the only friends she have.