Chapter Twenty Three

One of the mysteries of life is that we don't know whether we will wake up the next day or not, what is in store for us is only known by Allah and we keep planning as if we were promised tomorrow.

Dedicated to guramamjay for the encouragement, for being awesome and for loving my bestie ❤

Taseer kept asking whether am okay, if I need anything and he cling to me like a gum. It was cute at first till it started getting on my nerves. That was how I endured him till it was time to go home, knowing fully well how shameless he is when it comes to me and the way he acted at home gives me a sinking feeling that he is gonna embarrass me in the presence of my parents and in law and simran is gonna love it with the whole of her heart, I am doomed to be surrounded by shameless people. When we reached home, I realised how much I have missed it and made a move to dash out into the house in a run, but no! Taseer has to burst my bubble by holding my hands with a stern look on his face " you're not going to do that, have you forgotten that you're not alone? " I gave him an incredulous look and with a duhh tone replied " I wasn't alone two weeks ago and you had no idea about it, I was perfectly alright and it won't change a thing right now"

" ehh naji, just be careful manalie, it's not as if you haven't seen them earlier " just then simran drove in and I have never been so happy to see someone in my life like never before.
" bye see you inside" I waved him off and turned my attention to my besty who is with mama and yaya Al amin, I jumped excitedly almost forgetting that I am married, my husband is watching and simran 's eyes looked like they will bulge out of their sockets.
" yaya Al amin what a pleasant surprise, saukan yaushe? And no one told me you're back "I pouted and he just smiled shaking his head
" I thought I will meet a more matured version of you ted bear but look what I'm met with, such a shame " he winked at me and I turned to mama who is looking at us with amusement .
"mama you see him ba, he didn't stop calling me ted bear, simmy please tell him that am a big girl now " I earned a chuckled from mama and an eye roll from simran, noory had a death grip on the car keys and he looked like he is gonna murder someone. "yahsalam! Mama I didn't even greet you I was carried away seeing this long lost habiby, ina wuni how's everyone" I squatted a little and from the corner of my eyes I saw Taseer stormed into the house, simran was giggling full force and Al amin looked confused.We talked for a while before we go into the house, simran and mama in front and Yaya Al amin and I followed suit a few steps behind talking and laughing. Ammy was happy to see yaya Al amin too and we had lots of fun going back to memory lane and the silly things we did, I noticed that Taseer is not himself and not ready to break the news so I excused my self and dragged him to my room.
" what's wrong with you noory? You are not saying anything to anyone and you looked grumpy if it's because I jumped, I am so sorry about it, it was out of reflex, I haven't seen yaya Al amin in four years " I ranted trying to explain myself. Then his cold and detached voice reached my ears
" you meant to say your boyfriend?" he asked and the way it sounded is like he's so sure about it. I burst out laughing. So that explains the way he shook hands with Al amin, the way he answers Ammy and Hajia's questions like he's been forced to ,so even my kindhearted husband can be jealous .I turned to a very pissed looking Taseer and held his hands
" there was nothing and there is nothing between yaya Al amin and I Taseer, he is the brother figure I've never had in my life, we've always been like this with each other and I am so sorry if I give you the wrong idea about us, there was no one for me you're my one and only till jannah in shaa Allah ,so please let this go and enjoy our home coming " I explained and he finally exhaled before saying it's okay, as we were descending the stairs we heard Alhamdulillah's and Allahu akbars everyone looks so happy and they were all grinning " what have we missed? " I asked with a confused expression.
" when are you planning on telling us? " Ammy asked
" telling you what?" I raised a brow
" that you're pregnant and we are soon going to be grandparents " Hajia said eyeing Taseer mischievously and I couldn't help but glare at simran while my poor new shy husband started scratching his head stammering. He can be shy afterall that's a great discovery.
I walked to where simran is sitting and I pinched her real hard ," You're evil wlh, you won't even let us do it ,now my poor baby is embarrassed " I whispered and she giggled , I wonder what's with her and giggling today maybe she's high on something. " Which of the babies ?the one inside or the big baby " she asked and I smacked her arm earning an ouch from her with a satisfied smile I turned my attention to Taseer and I saw him already warming up to Yaya Al amin, they made a great pair .We kept talking till it was time for isha prayers ,the men went to the masjid and we went up to my room to pray .
" How far about Ameer's issue habibty " I broached the dreaded topic to simran .she sighed " It's still the same thing , nothing changed but he came home last night and he had a private meeting with Abba, mama said he didn't tell her what they discussed and we never talked since after his mom forbade him ,just late night messages that he's thinking about me and no more " she looked so sad I wanted to fight off her demons and bring my jovial and care free friend back , indeed life is unfair and we never know what's coming for us until it get to us , who would've thought that something like this will ever come between Ameer and simran ?but then it's qadr Allah ,it has been destined and they can't escape it.
" It's a good sign habibty,we should continue praying innallaha ma'ana it will soon be over for good , just be ready for the outcome whether it's in your favor or against you " I consoled and she smiled .Just then Ammy came in with a smile and she hugged me , showering me with prayers ,Simran took it as a cue to leave us alone , it is a mother daughter moment , and she don't wanna intrude, not that we both mind but it was the right thing for her to do .Ammy asked about Amsterdam ,the food , the places I went ,what I feel when Taseer is in the hospital , how Aminah and Muhammad are faring with the new religion and all .I gave her intensive answers not hiding anything from her and I asked a lot of questions too , like how much she missed me , how's Abby's health , the things she does when she's bored and we laughed when she told me that there was a day she forgot that Hajia and I are not around and she made food for four arranged the table and then called on us ,to be met with the echoing sound of her voice , Abby almost bought a ticket for her,saying she's going crazy but backed out saying she's gonna leave him alone and he might end up coming back from work ,going to her room only to be met with an empty bed .
" I've missed you so so so so very much Ammiena " I cooed giving her a side hug .
" I've missed you more princess , and you should take extra good care of yourself now that you're not alone dear, Lantana will go with you ,I know you don't like the idea of having a maid around but we can't risk it " seriously ?even Ammy is in her over protective mode and I know better than to say no besides I know the kind of people am dealing with , over excited oldies who are going to be grandparents soon, he or she will be spoilt rotten I can sense that.
" OK Ammy ,am saying yes because of you , not that I really need a maid " I said and she nodded ,we went down to find mama ,Yaya Al amin and Simmy preparing to leave , we bade them goodbyes and I promised to come for a visit within the week , Taseer and Yaya Al amin exchanged phone numbers and Simran came to me whispering ' ex boyfriend and present hubby had reconciled with each other ' we burst out laughing and the elders gave us the stern look, we sobered up almost immediately ,I gave Simmy a hug mouthing it's good to see you before we see them off and came back to the living room. We chatted with Abby for a while, he told us how happy he is and looking forward to see his first wife or best friend before we finally called it a night and left to our new abode .