Chapter Two

There are three things I really love in this life, like seriously,wholeheartedly and deeply love; Sleep, coffee and nutella.  I can't tell which I love most because I just can't do without  any of them.

Today like any other normal day, after a battle  with my alarm blaring, me snoozing it, the annoying  sound blasting again I finally woke up  hurriedly  showered  and come down for a quick breakfast which is always  a steaming cup of coffee and a bite of an apple all in haste of course.

I shouted to Ammi that I'm gone to school, rudely passed my bag to the driver and ordered him to drive fast because  I'm late and I'm in no mood to listen to my lecturer telling the whole class that I'm always  late blah blah  blah and that he'll deduct five marks from  my CA.  Just then my phone rang and it is the Besty herself. I picked the call

" what's  up babe anything the matter " I asked with a disinterested  voice.

"yes Manal, there's pee prof M will give us test in 10min and you're  yet to be in school ,that's not even the pee I'm sure you haven't studied  yet did you? " she asked sounding  concerned.

" I might not be attentive in class babe but I sure take my studies  seriously.  Don't worry  about me I'll be there in five and for Allah's sake chill it's just a test not an assessment  to qualify  for jannah"  I teased knowing that she's already  panicking even though  I'm sure she's not just ready for the test but even an exam if it'll hold today after the test.

After the  test which am sure half of the class are complaining about. I walked to sit under a shade in front  of the lecture  theatre  ,Just then, I saw somewhat a  familiar  figure walking towards the architectural department. My curiosity  gets the best of me and I craned my neck to get a glimpse  of his face, and to my surprise it's that guy at the mall who helped that old woman tho he's looking   clean but his outfit screams poverty from afar, what in the jahannam is he doing in my school,? Is he a cleaner?  A student?  A messenger??  I kept asking myself  just then my subconscious  came to my rescue by telling  me ' why do you care?  He is a nobody  and you have no business  whatsoever  with what he's doing here' I smiled and mentally high-fived myself.

Simran came back with a take out and drinks ,we ate them which I took zoning in and out of the conversation ,mostly not knowing what Simmy is saying until she finally decided to bring me out of my reverie

" Manalee are you even listening ??" I looked at her giving her a fake smile and said " No I was thinking of something which if care is not taken will become a problem to me,you know how I hate not knowing things right?" she gave me a confused look and sighed audibly

" Manal you're cray cray sometimes just go straight to the point and stop making me think " she says dragging me towards her car.

she is allowed to drive her car unlike me,not because my parents don't trust me but because they said am a lady and they don't want anything to temper with my upbringing and mostly because of my arrogance .

" I saw a guy few days back, he looks  very poor but still helped out an old woman whom I couldn't even spare a glance. What baffles me is that how can someone who's in need of help, help others with the little that he has? I take it to be stupidity but deep inside what he had done makes me admire his personality because  it takes a lot of courage and a very good heart to do that " I stated .

Simran listened attentively and didn't say anything till I decided to add " that's stupid right ?" she shook her head and smiled widely

" It's not Manal, am just amazed at how you've started to change your perspective even though the arrogance is still there but we are getting somewhere , and you know what ? I pray that your paths will cross with this guy maybe he'll be the one that'll change you for good  Manalee coz you're a good person it's just that you don't want to let out the good side of you "

I hissed and gave her a smack  on her shoulder  " Yeye pikin ,just because I tell you how I feel, you've gone into the la la la land and conjured up your crazy story and in a few days you'll tell me that me and him will make a great couple and give birth to cute kids blah blah blah until the end of a sweet forever " I stated matter of fact knowing that Simmy is capable of doing anything when it comes to daydreaming of things that'll never happen even in unreasonable dreams. She just laughed at how irked she made me and said

" One day you'll remember this moment and I'll tell you with confidence 'told you so ma'am'  "

We walked to the theater where we had three more lectures in a row and headed home promising to call each other before the end of the day .

*

" Assalamu Alaikum Ammi, where are you? " I called out to my sweetest mom because I've missed her so much , I wanted to tell her about my day and eat her super delicious meal, she's the bestest cook ever to walk and breath on earth .

"  Manal ! you never grow up right ? stop this habit of yours of shouting out my name every time you come back  to this house ehh ??" I heard the best sound in the world coming from the kitchen.

I lazily dragged my bag with a pout and meet her stirring the soup
" Haba Ammi, idan ban kiraki ba wa Zan kira?" ( if I didn't call you who will I call ?) " I said giving her my best puppy face.

She shook her head and said " now that you're here, take those snacks and drinks to the living room. Your Abby has a guest and tell them I'll come with the food shortly in shaa Allah "  I did as she ordered saluting her and saying yes ma your wish is my command and I heard her saying " ohh Allah this girl never grow up " I smile and go ahead to the living room not knowing what I'll see will be the beginning of a new chapter in my life.

After saying my salaam and the two men answered In unison one of them who happens to be my Abby , I didn't glance at the direction where the guest is until after I've arranged the goodies on the center table then I turned to greet the guest but the words were knocked out of me .

" What's wrong my dear, what happened? " Abby asked seeing my shocked expression .

I quickly  composed myself plastered a fake smile on my face and said" welcome hope you've come in good health " to the guest.

He smiled softly and answered with " Alhamdulillah thank you "

Abby smiled and after asking me about school and stuffs he finally released the bomb by saying

" Manal this is Muntaseer and he is in your school as a scholar working for my company, so I've decided that he'll be driving you to and from school and since his family are not here he will be staying with us .Be a good girl and treat him well because this time around I won't tolerate it when you behave badly with him , Muntaseer is like a son to me" he said, emphasizing the last part seriously.

" Muntaseer this is Manal my one and only daughter please treat her as you'll treat your sister " Abby says again smiling at him .

" in shaa Allah sir, I'll treat her to the best of my ability and won't let you down ". I silently stood up without saying anything because I'm afraid I might speak a foreign language... why me?  why this sudden ,unexpected turning point in my life ? before reaching my room I  made a strong resolve that Muntaseer won't survive a month in my home ,my house, where its only me my Ammi and Abby. How dare he intrude ??? why him? it should be any other person but him.

After I prayed isha salah , I called Simran and filled her in with the drastic turning point my life had taken. She's been optimistic and telling me not to be harsh but she knows me better than that ,the stupid girl is even excited asking me whether he's cute and whatnot but who cares whether he's the cutest most wanted by the ladies on earth? definitely not me.

Dear Muntaseer get ready for the hell I'll make you go through. Those were the last thing I thought of before leaving the world of the living to that of the unknown .