Chapter Seven

"Everything has been perfectly planned by Allah ,what is needed is time,patience and our ability to take the good things and belief that Allah is testing us when something bad happens"

#

It has been almost three months since Muntaseer came into our home and my friendship with Simran and Jiddah had gone down the drain because of my stupid ego. They tried everything possible in their own power to see that I have come down and forgive them but I didn't so they got fed up and left me to suffer in silence all alone with no one to talk to.

Muntaseer had talked to me several times to forgive what ever wrong they have done to me because Allah loves those who forgives but  still I didn't take heed .He never relent tho because he always draw my attention to  the effects of being egoistic and an unforgiving  person but still I don't want to admit my mistake . Ammy had also asked about my friends and I use to tell her that they are just busy because our final exams are coming up . Muntaseer no longer smiles warmly at me ,he is always lost in thoughts and whenever I ask what is wrong with him he will tell me nothing .

Today after school I saw Simran walking towards her car and typing on her phone with a huge smile gracing her beautiful face and I didn't know when I waved at her saying " it's the king of your heart right ?" She whirled around with a look of shock that I actually did talk to her but suddenly composed herself and a look of hurt crossed her features before she ignored me and continued typing on her phone. That made me so angry ,how could she ignore me after all she offended me and is being punished for that .' it's all your fault for being so childish and a hot tempered person plus your ego too ' a reasonable voice in my head advised.

The car ride has turned to an awkward ride now since something is bothering Muntaseer and he refused to tell me ,he hardly speaks  unless he's been spoken to and he always looks on edge.
His phone ranged indicating an incoming call,he lazily picked the call saying salam and the next thing I heard was " innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un what happened to her ? Am coming right away tell her to stay strong she will be fine in shaa Allah " with that he cut the call and sped up ,I have a fear of speed right from childhood so I started shouting asking him to stop the damn car and let me out and he shouted back " I'm sorry Manal ,but my mom had been admitted in the hospital I have to go and see her " that should have made me calm down and pity for the life of the woman right ? But me being me said the most horrible words a person can say to someone who is running to save the life of the most important person in the life of everyone .

" who cares if she's in the hospital or she's already dead ?stop the damn car Muntaseer or I swear to God you'll regret it ,just drop me at home and go to wherever she is I don't care,all I care about now is to be at home, you refused to talk to me and now you're speeding just because that old hag has been admitted are you God? Can you give her health or stop her from dying?you can't do anything about it because you're helpless and you'll be helpless always .  " I shouted at him again .

The look he gave me send chills down my spine it was that of pure disgust and he looked very angry .He calmly stopped the car ,came out to my side opened the door and dragged me out of the car ,before I could recover from the shock of what he has done he has already left leaving me stranded in an unfamiliar surroundings since he diverted from the route home after receiving the call. I felt very angry at that moment ,I hailed a cab seething with rage and went home

I met Ammy pacing up and down muttering some prayers ,she didn't even notice that I had come back ." Ammy " I called her running towards her and engulfed her in a tight hug and she got out of my embrace looking at me with so Much anger .

" what have you done Manal ?is this how we bring you up ? To treat people anyhow you feel like just because Allah has bestowed upon you wealth ,fame and a family who loves you to bits ?" She bellowed angrily .