Chapter Eighteen

*After every hardship comes ease*

Third person's narrative continues...

The moment they entered the room Manal's eyes went wide and Hajia started saying innnalillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun while Ameer went inside with tears in his eyes ...

They saw James holding unto Taseer as his breath is seizing going on and off, Manal was stuck at the door all the happiness she felt a moment back  gone and replaced with fear for the life of Muntaseer. The doctor came in followed by Martha closely behind him and they all went out as the doctor tried to see what was wrong . He was in a very bad shape so no one dared to console another because they are losing the hope they held unto. A few hours back Taseer was hale and hearty ,looking forward to meeting his wife and mother ,he was even grumbling about not being allowed to go to the airport along with James and Ameer and now this ? Their joy was turned into sadness .

Manal couldn't sit ,she kept repeating any dua that comes to her mind while Hajia went numb fidgeting with her fingers without any emotion on her face ,Martha kept patting James's back holding his hands ,they looked worried and no one is to blame them .They've warmed up to Taseer in  just a day ,who wouldn't?the guy is too nice.

Manal was about to barge into the room when the doctor came out with a smile on his face .

" The patient is now stable ,there is something wrong with his trachea but everything is now okay ,there might be more complications but he's good now you all can go in "
Manal didn't wait for him to finish before she ran into the room to her beloved husband ,the light in her life, her anchor and better half .He look pale and weak but that doesn't dampen her spirit she was laughing and crying at the same time .She had imagined seeing him countless times and this wasn't how she pictured them to meet but Alhamdulillah he's alive and that's all that matters as far as he is breathing she will keep on living life ,for him ,for them ,for their future filled with promises yet to be kept.

She wanted to hug him so bad her body itched but she controlled herself due to the fact that he looked like he just came back from hell and an added fact that Hajia and the rest are in the room. He motioned for her to come to him and the others took it as a cue to give them some privacy .Hajia went to her son's bedside and kissed his forehead with such tenderness you might think he's a fragile precious gem that can break when touched with force.

" How are you feeling dear? " she asked and he smiled at his mother, wishing he can wipe away the worry lines etched on her face .He nodded smiling holding her hands while she kissed their entwined hands. Praying for  him and blowing it over his body.
" I thought I will never see you again yah ummiey " He whispered and Hajia had a lone tear cascading down her cheeks .She knows how much Taseer loves her and how he don't Want anything to hurt her, seeing  him bedridden and worried about her breaks  her heart ,she  don't wanna lose her Darling baby ,he's her one and only and to her he's still a child . They talked in hushed whispers and Hajia excused herself to meet Martha ,James and Ameer.

The moment Hajia closed the door behind her ,Taseer weakly Nuzzled into Manal's neck inhaling her scent releasing a sigh of relief ,she held unto him tight like her life depended on it and cried her heart out ,they don't need to say anything ,their eyes and the erratic beats of their hearts said it all..they've missed each other and are glad to see each other again. After a while manal asked." how are you feeling habiby ?does it ache are you in pain do you want to eat anything ?" She asked in one breath and Taseer smiled softly looking  at her like he's saying goodbye never to see her again .she scuttled closer and lay beside him with her head on his chest holding his hands in hers .
" I was in pain a few minutes back but now I feel like am the healthiest man on earth ,seeing you is everything Hayatee, thank God I'm still whole and no broken bones or ribs just this internal injuries and my heart suffered most Cuz you ain't close "that made her smile ,how can she not miss him so damn much when he's the sweetest and knows how to use the right words to make her feel alright. He's a blessing ,her blessing .This is a test and she is determined to pass it with highest grades. She's supposed to make him feel okay and here he was ,performing her duties for her again.