Chapter Three

1st Week

Muntaseer had been nothing but kind to me but the opposite is what I am to him. Abby and Ammi  loves him dearly treating him not as an outsider or my driver as I call him but as part of my perfect family which is now the opposite because of him.

Simran and him have become friends and it annoys me to the core. I find small faults in him just to make him angry but alas he won't even give me the comfort of knowing that I hurt him, not even a single facial expression . Where the jahannam did this guy come from?? Is what I keep asking myself.

Abby had given him his credit card earlier today before we leave for school to withdraw any amount he desires to buy himself some decent clothes and any necessity he wanted . For the first time in two days after I embarrassed him in front of his course mates, he never try to make a conversation with me until now after he turned off the volume of the beautiful recitation of the Qur'an

" if you don't mind please I'll like to buy some things. I won't be long in shaa Allah ko if you want you can come out " with that he didn't wait for me to give him the rude answer which is at the tip of my tongue before turning on his heels and sauntering towards the store.

What I saw next warms my heart as always even though I refused to show it neither admit it to anyone but myself, right in front of the entrance there were like about 5 beggars begging for alms. with the kind smile he always has plastered on his face, he gave them money before entering into the mall. Just then I decided to follow him its like my mind and body function separately, my body is going towards him while my mind is screaming NO!! you're on an operation to make his life miserable. I went out anyway .

I finally spotted him choosing some nice shirts and I must admit he have a good taste in clothing , he saw me and waved me over .I couldn't be rude in public so I went to him Waiting for him to say something.

" Will this fit Abby ?" he asked showing me a nice Jallabiya with black embroidery on it .

" yes " I replied with a bored look on my face " but why will you buy it? did he ask you to?" I asked curiously .

" No , he didn't it's just a token of my appreciation to them for giving me another chance to live life. It might not be much , but its the thoughts that counts " he replied putting the Jallabiya in the cart and moving towards shoe rack where he took four nice pairs and we kept on going like that, him picking what he likes, me trailing behind and admiring his choice secretly of course . After what seemed like forever he finally finished then turned towards me asking whether I  wanna buy anything, I gave him a duhh look and he shook his head smiles and led us out after buying  two ice creams .

Back in the car he handed me one and three gift bags which I didn't know when and how he got them considering the fact that I literally followed him round.

" The ice cream and wrist watch are for you , the perfume and honey are for Ammi, and the Jallabiya and dates are for Abby" he explained  looking straight ahead without glancing my way because  I'd have been embarrassed because I looked shocked and surprised. I should've thanked him right ? but typical Manal the arrogant queen adjusts my sitting position and start typing away on my phone.

After I gave Abby and Ammi there petty gifts as I call them, they were so happy as if he bought the world for them , it annoys me to the extent that I couldn't hold the questions I wanted to ask my parents since the day he stepped into my home.

"Abby wai kam who is this Muntaseer? how do you know him ? why do you care about him so much ? " I asked sounding frustrated. 

Abby smiled and sighed " I thought you'll never ask Manal "

And then Abby told me story behind the kind humble guy whom I hate so much my heart is dripping with venom for him.

Muntaseer's dad helped my dad back in the days when my Abby has nothing to call his own and he is nothing apart from his name that his parents had given him , just a young man struggling to survive. Abby told me that whenever he is hungry he is always welcomed to have his lunch and dinner at Muntaseer's house , he told me how they were kind to him and cutting the story short my Abby is who he is today because of Muntaseer's dad. After my Abby got an appointment in the city he lost contact with Muntaseer's dad and no one knows where he vanished to until five years later my Abby received the news of  the death of his dearest friend.

He cried and asked about the whereabouts of the child and wife but no one knows . When Muntaseer came to him for help he gave him the scholarship to pursue his masters degree program so that he'll appoint him in his company , he had a feeling that he knows him somewhere so he asked of his parents ,that's how he get to confirmed that Muntaseer is his long lost friend's son may his soul rest in peace and so he decided to cater for him.

He finished with " the house where Muntaseer and his mother are going to stay is under construction and immediately its completed ,his mom will come back here under my care because that's the least I can do "

I pretended to be moved by Abby's story but deep inside my evil mind is telling me they  don't deserve it, what Abby is doing is too much .

I called the sweet Besty as usual telling her of the story behind Muntaseer living in my house , she adviced me as always to stop being rude but me being me just told her I'll consider it. That night I slept off thinking about my attitude towards life asking myself is this really the type of person I am ???

Assalamu Alaikum sweet sweet sweeter than honey readers , hope you're enjoying my book so far ? bless my hard work and make me the happiest by ❤voting 💜 commenting and 💖 sharing.

Jazakumullah khair
yours truly ...Aysha 💋
Dedicated to warleeda for been supportive and the one who's with me through thick and thin.