Chapter Nineteen

*Allah knows best*

The following weeks passed in a blur while  Muntaseer's health is improving with each passing day . Ameer had left a few days back because he had a lot of work pending to be completed in the office and Simran threatened to come and drag him back saying she misses him  it's making her crazy. James almost cried saying he want to see how Nigeria looks like, if only he knew. Hajia and Martha's visits to the hospital became less frequent because Taseer is now super healthy just under observation and in shaa Allah he will soon be discharged.

I left Taseer and went out to buy some necessities when I saw the fault in our stars on display outside a bookstore, Amsterdam is where Augustus waters and Hazel Grace Lancaster came to see the author of her favorite book The Imperial Affliction and I just had to buy the book . I came back to a sleeping Muntaseer with the Quran beside him ,poor guy maybe he slept off reciting it .He woke up a while later and I showed him the book we both read more than three times .

" You're going to read to me today " I said pouting

" You're a grown married woman madam ,stop pouting like a kid " I hit him with a pillow and he laughed sticking his tongue out .

" Now who is behaving like a five year old ?" I said snatching the book from his hands .

" Let's okay be our always " he said giving me his best puppy look.

" okay is always our always suggest something new " I teased and he launched at me ,he started tickling me till I ran out of breath .

" Simran is rubbing off her annoying comebacks on you ,totally not cool wifey" he made a disgusted face and I smirked adjusting my dress and smoothening my messed up hair .

" See what you've done bah ?you're so mean Taseer " I said glaring at him while he smiled and got up walking towards me .

"sit lemme comb it for you ,it's not my fault that your hair is wild ,untamed and easily disheveled " I had to oblige but instead of taming my wild, untamed and easily disheveled hair ,my sweet hubby dishevelled it more and I couldn't do anything except to launch at him hitting anywhere my hands could reach while his booming laughter echoes through the room.

" You're disturbing other patients " I said giving him one final death glare before getting off him .

" Yeah ,I want them to know that I'm okay ,I'm happy and I'm madly in love".

" You can't sweet talk me out of mating out the punishment I've planned for you Mr man "  I  threatened with my best serious glare.

" You cannot do anything that will hurt me Hayatee "  he mocked dusting off invisible dirt on his shirt.

" Let's wait and see " I huffed and ran to the bathroom to tame my wild hair myself and his laughter trailed behind me .
The woman looking right back at me in the mirror looks happy and with a glow on her face .Alhamdulillah.

Looking back at my life a year ago , a lot of things had happened and I've changed a lot more than I could ever imagine even in a dream. I know that I will eventually get married but never in my wildest dreams had I envisioned myself to meet someone like Taseer ,fall in love with him and be this changed Manal from the arrogant haughty person I was . I've had it all ,beauty ,brains , wealth ,loving family but I don't have a lot of friends and people who are fond or proud of me . But Alhamdulillah I can proudly Puff out my chest and say that I've changed in a very good way and I'm so proud of who I am today .
I called Simran a few days back asking for an idea of a token of appreciation for my wonderful husband because he has done so many things to me that even if I can give him the world on a platter of gold and diamonds it still won't be enough for he has cleansed me of darkness and filled my life with light .