Chapter Twenty Six

The pain of missing a dear one is inexplicable

I was too exhausted, can't even lift a hand and seriously famished .The house feels empty without my Noory ,he travelled to the capital city and not coming back for a week , he left today but I feel like he has been away for ages, I am addicted to Taseer, he is like a drug to me, my lifeline the one who gives me a purpose in life, the air I breath  .The beeping sound coming from my phone indicates that I have an incoming message , I don't need to check to know that it Is my dearest but I can't take the phone right now .Thirty minutes later I just had to get up coz of salatul maghrib .I dialled Taseer , it went straight to voicemail, I checked the message to be disappointed it was not Taseer but network , I prayed and made a steaming cup of coffee with cake, I still wasn't satisfied I had to make a bowl of noodles .I dialled Taseer again and this time around the phone is off , I started to get worried but knowing the nature of executive meetings I prayed that he is okay and went to sleep missing his warmth .
I woke up like a zombie the next day , dressed and went to work , simran took it upon herself to give me a ride , I have my car but I  am not a fan of driving hence having the Besty as my chauffeur.
" hey what's up you look like you've just been released from 20years jail term " Simran observed .
" I wish it's that Simmy, that will be easier than what I am going through ,can't reach Taseer and I'm worried. I miss him " I said getting more frustrated than I was earlier , Simran chuckled and smirked.
" Lailah is missing majnoon I can see "
" I'm not in the mood for jokes just let me be malama you're sooo annoying " She kept quite till we reached the office and we started working, that didn't take  my mind off  Taseer, I kept dialling his number after every Minute till it gets annoying and I almost smashed the phone on the wall. I was in that mood when my phone rang ,not wanting to disappoint myself again , I didn't pick till it rang for the umpteenth time , I was in no nonsense mood so I decided to lodge my frustration on the unlucky soul disturbing my already disturbed self , not checking the caller ID ,I grumbled a Hello and from the other side Taseer's calm voice said " Assalamu alaikum to you too Hayatee, I know that I offended you and I am really sorry for that so cheer up hun and let's talk " I felt like crying, knowing that he is okay and alive it is all that matters, deep inside I had a nagging feeling that maybe he had an accident again ,I heaved a sigh of relief and we talked for over an hour , his excuse for not calling Is that his battery drained and he forgot his charger here, and he was so busy with the meetings that he didn't get the chance to buy a new one till today .I was glad he is okay and my mood completely changed .
" I miss you so much zawjee, take very good Care of yourself for me ,love you " with that I hung the call and continued working with  more vigour. By lunch time Simran came into my office forcing me to apologise for being rude to her earlier in the morning ,was I even rude? Whatever , I said sorry and the idiot was happy, she can get all the sorries in this world but as far as I didn't mean any of them it's null and void .I smirked and mentally high fived my self ,the thought made me remember the countless times Taseer and I high five each other ,it had become a norm and we automatically do it without even having the reason to.Everything reminds me of him which makes me realise for the gazillion time that he's already part of me and whenever he's not around it's like he has taken a part of me with him I didn't know that I zoned out smiling to myself till simran brought me out of my reverie ." Earth to Manalie, you are such a hopeless romantic aswear, will you stop thinking about your husband and give me the files or you want me to sit on you ?" She said giving me a glare arms akimbo, I used to wonder what got into me that I'm  still friends with simran ,then I remembered that it's part of my destiny , I shook my head ,shooed her out while she was  still ranting and sent a text to Taseer.

I can't seem to get you out of my mind honey,it seems like you're everywhere, I miss you and I miss us.  Please come back soon and fill the void am feeling inside .You're my beta half.