Chapter Five

You have this heart right from the beginning, it just took me so long to realise that you do.

3rd week
Everything is as normal as it was before except the fact that the car ride to and from school is no longer the boring heated one but a fun filled self discovery and communicative one .I learned a lot about Muntaseer and him about me,I didn't know I can laugh so loud and hard till tears fill my eyes until now.

Simran is the happiest that I finally and in such a short period of time warmed up to Muntaseer. We were waiting for the lecturer in class who is late and might not even come .Simran adjusted her sitting position with a small  smile and said " soon to be Mrs M how is everything going on with you and your soul mate" she stated nonchalantly and I grasp in horror turning my whole attention to her automatically saying " what the frigging potatoes did you just say??? " I shrieked not too loudly so that only her can hear me .
She winked again saying" you know what I just said ,just admit it already ,even a blind mind can see that you guys are in love " I couldn't talk because I honestly didn't know what to tell her, we are getting close yes,he's sweet and nice,yes,I like him a lot, yes but as a brother and nothing more ,we've even started acting cool for just a few days how can it be love ??? Those were the things running through my mind the whole day till after classes .

My phone beeped indicating an  incoming message which is from Muntaseer.

Hy pumpkin how's school today hope good ? I'm sorry you have to catch a ride with Simran because Abby has assigned me to do something for him .see you at home I'm sorry .

I am not supposed to be sad right ? neither disappointed but honestly that's how I feel, all through the ride back home I didn't say anything to Simran's ramblings about her new boyfriend I just nod or answer her with a mmm and hmm here and there.

I went into my room grumpily and undressed before going into the bathroom to take a refreshing bath and made ablution to perform salatul zuhr. After saying my prayer and azkars  I didn't feel like talking to Ammy so I decided to stay in my room to watch a movie , half way through the movie I lost interest in it and my mind went back to what it has been doing since after school , thinking about Muntaseer. I was deep in thoughts on how someone I had vowed to make his life miserable is making mine miserable without even trying or having the slight knowledge that he's punishing me in ways that I can't comprehend. I had vowed to hate him right? To make him run for the hills in four weeks and here we are , with me getting too attached and warming up to him unnecessarily ,is this love? I have no idea because I've never been in love. I kept on thinking about random and crazy things until Ammy came into my room clapping her hands several times to bring me out of my reverie .

" Manaly habibty are you alright? Why are you so deep in thoughts? " Ammy asked looking concerned at the situation she found me in .I managed a small smile telling her it was nothing , I'm just bored and now that she's here we should go down so that I'll help her make dinner.

"You haven't even taken your lunch , I waited downstairs for you but you didn't show up so I thought you were sleeping but here you're thinking of only Allah knows what " she stated while getting up towards the door . she turned again with a tender look in her eyes and said " if there's anything that's  bothering you Manal ,I  am your mother you should tell Me because no one on this earth loves you more than us ."

I  smiled at what she said picking  out a scarf from where I hanged them following Ammy behind to go make dinner.

As I was ascending the stairs I saw a male figure sitting majestically like he's the owner of the house watching TV and laughing with the real owner of the house . I should've gone straight to the kitchen where I'm supposed to be , but my curiosity gets the best of me and I sauntered towards them ,saying salam and smiling up at the best man in the whole world my Abby.
" so Abby you are back and you didn't even call for your princess to welcome you back ba?" I pouted