19.5: Anna

Heaven Knows OST: ♫ Starting Again by Gabrielle Aplin ♫

Chapter 19.5: Anna

Dear Diary,

I have considered a list of persons written on your pages. Names that I didn’t know but made a fog out of my head’s vision. A combination of moments and people that made a crowd inside my head.

I placed Dominic’s name at the peak of the list and I let my hand stroll down the others which I will yet to know and learn to remember.

Earlier, I woke up to another nameless boy standing at the front porch. He claimed to know me and he wore his smugness like a branded suit. His smirk gave me the perilous vibe of un-chivalry behavior.

“Anna Marie,” he outstretched his arms wide as he took some willing steps towards me. But I held out a hand to stop him in his tracks. I took my little red notebook out and I looked back at him.

“Name please?”

A mocking laugh went out of his system. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” He placed a hand on the door frame as he leaned in to me.

“Give me your name or I’ll shut the door right to your face.” I warned him as he tried to take another step towards me.

“There’s no need for violence.” A girl with flaming red hair appeared beside him. She smiled awkwardly at me. “Hi, Anna.”

A spark of memory rattled inside my head. “I know you.” the words came out before I could even stop myself.

In my head, two girls ran across the yard. They were both happy and their hands swung back and forth as they pirouetted out the gates. Just as they disappeared the memory slipped away from my grasp.

“I just don’t know where.” I added and the sparkle in her eyes disappeared with the replacement of an understanding nod.

The boy beside her laughed. “Give her your name or else she’ll shut the door right in front of your face.”

The red head girl narrowed her eyes at him but he already had his focus on me.

“Forgive her for interrupting us.” He said to me as he outstretched his hand. “I’m Scott Orson.”

I let my pen scroll down in search for his name. When I found it, I placed a check mark beside his name and an “x” mark at the end.

“What was that for?” he asked as he tried to peek at my notebook.

“List of people that I know but I don’t remember.” I retorted. “If you want to know what the “x” stands for, it’s for people I don’t really like.”

The red head girl whistled beside him.

“It’s okay. Before I forget,” Scott waved his hand to the girl beside him. “This tagalong here is Heronymous Shagnasty.”

She turned bright red like her hair as she turned to scowl at him.

“Rose,” I said out of the blue as the engines in my head clicked. I turned back to her and she was beaming at me. “Rose Garner.” I said once again and she nodded. Tears started to glitter in her eyes. “You’re my best friend.”

She giggled despite the forming tears in her eyes. “I still am.”

Scott rolled his eyes beside her.”Such a dramatic reunion.”

Rose ignored him and she gave me a tight hug. “I’m glad you remembered me, Anna.”

“Me, too.” I stepped back to give them some room. “Come in, come in.”