6: Dominic

Heaven Knows OST: ♫ Counting Stars by One Republic ♫

Chapter 6: Dominic

Morning= LAZINESS. Afternoon= DROWSINESS. Night= INSOMNIA.

If you’re feeling the same way as I do, then congrats! You’re suffering and undergoing the symptoms of a rare medical condition I’d like to call Annamerism. But don’t fret, it’s contagious but it’s not so close to deadly—at least not yet.

One out of four voices inside my head tells me to go to sleep because I have recitals to nail tomorrow. One is wondering if pigs have necks. One is again wondering if penguins have knees and one wanders off to Heaven. See how Annamerism can take over me? It’s like a drug within a disease. It’s highly restrain-able and it’s hard to be contaminated.

I’ve been snapped awake when Scott tried to strangle me. Lately, I’ve been using a cardboard as a piano keyboard. I was so sick to the bones that I couldn’t register the right notes to a proper composition. I cannot fail now or else it will be goodbye Juilliard.

“Dom, listen to me! I have a joke!” Scott scurries to sit beside me. I nod sleepily at him.

“What do you think sluts should learn to control?” I look at him and his eyes glitter with greenness and excitement. I want to hit my piano cardboard at him right now so that he’d let me go back to sleep before class starts.

“What?”

“Their WHOREmones!” he snorts.

“HA-HA-HA” I said bluntly. Insulted, he nudged me off of my seat.

“Whoops! Wake up, sunny daydream!”

Irritated, I went back to my seat. “Maybe you need to control your whoremones too.” I tell him.

He snickers. “Nice language! Who taught you? Scientists?”

I sighed as I slumped back to my seat. “No, you did. But Scott, never underestimate the seductive power of a decent vocabulary. A nice mouth attracts more ladies.”

“A decent vocabulary.” He sounds like he’s over thinking about it. Good, then maybe he would let me sleep. But then he hits my ankle right at the bone and I woke up swearing at him.

“What the bullocks now, Scott? Can’t you see how much I’m trying to get some sleep here?”

He snorts at me. “You need a decent vocabulary.”

“I sure do if you stop badgering me.” I retorted.

“You want some rest?”

“Yes, I do. A lot.”

“You want Heaven?”

“Always.”

He smirks at me. “Then it’s time for a charismatic break through.”