13.5: Anna

Heaven Knows OST: ♫ Beating Heart by Ellie Goulding ♫

Chapter 13.5: Anna

(Dominic’s ninth note pasted in Anna’s Diary)

Too many billion people

Running around the planet.

What is the chance in Heaven

That you’ll find your way to me

Don’t fret. I won’t let you forget.

~D.S

 __________

Dear Diary,

“Take me on a date.”

I don’t know what the hell of a ghost possessed me or what kind of chicken fillet have I eaten to say that to him.

Einstein did say “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love” but then who’s responsible of people’s actions when they’re in love? Is it the heart or the brain? I think the body is just conjured by two complicated and confused body parts. I’d say my body is.

I apologize if I keep on ripping out your pages. I know I’m supposed to be saving trees but I can’t decide what to write down. I cannot count the number of times I’ve wiped my hands on my face out of embarrassment. But I can tell you that I’ve flopped in my bed and screamed infidelities to it once. At least once.

I should not be embarrassed. Dominic is my boyfriend by right and jurisdiction. I love him. This is what I want. This is what I’ve deprived myself of. And we are spending time together. This is what I want. This is what I want. This is what I want. I wrote that three times. I just want to make sure I can still count after my short brain freeze.

I sigh. I have to write that—I am so sorry. I just want to justify that to whoever is reading this entry so that they would know how badly frustrated I am of my reckless behavior.

A girl in love is untamed. Take note of that. Hormones cannot be contained. At least that would be Scott Orson’s green line. Jeez, Dominic sure has difficulties with his choice of friends.

Never mind that. I’m still embarrassed and I know it’s so shallow of me to feel that way. But case down. What has been said has been said. It’s time to move on and tomorrow I’ll have to deal with my feelings and go out on a date with Dominic Savio.

I hate this twisted feeling inside of me. Being in love makes you bipolar too. I am excited—I cannot deny how overjoyed I am. But at the same time, I keep on sighing away. I want to curl in my bed, cover my face with a pillow and shout.

My love sickness disappeared when mama entered my room—earlier though, after I’ve written that paragraph on top of this one. She told me I forgot to turn off the faucet in the kitchen after I washed the dishes. I shrugged at the thought of it. I mean, it’s a normal thing to forget to close the faucet right? But it didn’t stop the worry on mama’s face.

I don’t know what else to think. I am one girl having a migraine over a thousand of things right now and with one boy to date the next day.

Without Wax,

Anna

(A/N: The lyrics of the in Dominic’s note are Born for you by David Pomeranz.)