16: Dominic

Heaven Knows OST: ♫ Every time we touch by Cascada ♫

Chapter 16: Dominic

WEAKNESS: One powerful word that could split open the entire universe into half. And mostly that weakness could be spelled as L-O-V-E. But sometimes, it’s when you admit where you are weakest that’s where you become brave.

I stood in front of Anna’s house like a guard dog. I kept looking back and forth to check if there are any roaming cops around. Since they haven’t checked this part of the area yet, I considered myself safe.

I admit; I can’t go to sleep that’s why I’m here to crash someone’s house. I’ve never done this before but since Anna refused to enter my dreams even my nightmares, the resolve is to come up here.

I watched her window as the light in her room vanished. That’s when I started climbing up the tree, crawled on the roof and knocked on her window. She opened her window after the third knock and her pale blue eyes glowed with curiosity and amusement.

“Hi,” I grinned at her.

She huffed. “I thought I told you not to be a Romeo.”

“You did.” I groaned as I tried to balance myself on the slanting roof.

“Then why didn’t you use the front door?”

I glanced down at their front porch. “I like to go in style?” I wish that didn’t go off with an exuberant question mark.

From my peripheral vision I could see the cops’ car coming. I think Anna had thought of that too but she’s still processing the idea whether to let me in or let me be caught by the roaming cops in their subdivision. She let out a heavy breath in defeat. “Come on in.”

She took a few steps backward as she made room for me. When I got on my feet, that’s when I took all of her in. She’s in her night gown and her dark hair ruffled down her shoulders. She hugged herself when she saw me looking at her. I cleared my throat to right myself.

She forced a smile up at me. “Hi.”

“I guess you’re already tired.” I gestured at her night gown.

“Dom, it’s already past nine o’clock.” She snickered. “Are you here to check on my memory again?”

 I had to sigh. “Yes.”

“For the tenth time, yes, I can still remember you.”

“You’ve counted.” I said but then I gave in. “I kept on thinking about you.”

She chuckled. “I was thinking about you. I guess the thought of each other’s a hot line through airwaves."

“More like a Bluetooth.” I countered.

She bit her lower lip as she sat down on her bed. She tapped the space beside her—a motion inviting me to sit beside her. My heart cartwheeled immediately inside my chest that the impact had caught me off guard. It felt like it’s about to leap out of my mouth.

I acted on impulse that when I sat beside her, my weight made her bed creak and shake. I swallowed hard. She laughed at me and I felt mortified.

“Are you okay?” she held out her hand and she palmed my forehead. “You’re very cold. How long have you been outside?”

“Long enough to become a statue.” I answered. She let her hand fall on my cheek and her thumb brushed my skin gently. Her touch scorched my skin, it ignited in electric flames.

“Scott wanted me to de-virgin-ize you before I leave.”

 One word: Scott’s name—sensation gone with the wind.