16.5: Anna

Heaven Knows OST: ♫ Maybe it’s you by Jolina Magdangal♫

Chapter 16.5: Anna

Dear Diary,

I almost lost my virginity last night.

That could be an understatement. We didn’t even know—I mean—we’re aware of what’s happening—but one thing is for sure: NOTHING HAPPENED LAST NIGHT.

I never lock my door so mama came earlier with her arms positioned in a 90 degree angle on her waist. I was about to explain when she found a peacefully sleeping Dominic on my bed.

But nothing happened is what I didn’t tell her. Sometimes it just fascinates me to give her the benefit of the doubt. She could wait until Sunday to interrogate me. That is if I could still remember the details.

So mama went back to her nice and loving mom feature when I brought Dominic completely awaked and fixed at the dining room to have breakfast with us. Dominic stood frozen on his feet in front of her.

“Good morning, Mrs. Heaven.” He greeted her.

My mom nodded at him. “Good morning, Dominic. Get inside and join us for breakfast.”

I held his hand and he dipped his head down low to whisper to me. “Should I defend ourselves that nothing happened last night?”

I snorted and I shook my head.

I led Dominic to sit beside me and our breakfast greeted us with a happy face. Mama just loved doing the plating. I enjoyed it because it helps me keep the good mood.

“Weren’t your parents wondering where you were last night?”

Mama asked him and I bit back a protest. Just because I kept silent about it doesn’t mean she should turn her curiosity to my boyfriend.

Dominic swallowed his orange juice before answering. “Probably they were if they’ve noticed.” He looked at his wrist watch. “My mom’s probably doing Zumba by now and my dad’s on his way to work. So,” he shrugged off. “no worries, Mrs. Heaven.”

I tightened my grip on his hand. I wonder what it was like to have so busy parents. It must be too hard for him. I realized I don’t know that much about Dominic as much as he does about me.

“Your mom does Zumba?” mama asked, bewildered.

“Yes, it’s her daily exercise.”

“What do your parents do?”

“They’re both working for a music company. They create musical scores for TV programs and movies.”

“Well, that figures why you’re in music school.”

Dom scratched the back of his neck shyly. “Yeah.”

I, on the other hand tried so hard to finish my meal before mama could interrogate him further.

“You have quite an appetite, Anna.” Mama noticed. “Smaller bites.”

I sneered at her. “Absolutely.”

“Maybe we should invite Dominic more often so that you’d eat well.” I almost swallowed the fork.

“Mama,” I chided. But she ignored me and she turned back her attention to Dominic.

“Help yourself, Dominic.”

My helpless boyfriend just smiled in return and continued eating.

Right after breakfast, Dominic saw the line of medicine I must take every day. Well, I guess I can’t keep secrets now. But we both ignored it as if they’re just vitamins. And then he saw the berries.