Chapter 31: Yes or No?

Last chapter before the epilogue! Hope you guys like it ❤️ Don't forget to comment your thoughts!

One year later...
Emma 24, Killian 26

The morning sunlight gleamed over an apartment, through the shades, shining down on Emma and Killian. The birds chirped, the air smelled of summer. Everything was perfectly serene.

Killian awoke first, his eyes fluttering open slowly. He looked down, seeing Emma curled up to his chest, her back pressed to his front. He hugged her tightly to him, laying warm kisses where her ear met her neck, down her jaw.

Emma sighed contently beginning to stir. Killian smiled as she stretched in place and turned in his arms so she faced him.

"Well don't stop," Emma mumbled sleepily, snuggling back up to him.

Killian laughed and continued to lay soft, warm kisses all over until she was fully awake.

Their legs made their way into a tangle as Emma gazed into Killian's eyes intently, a smile plastered to her face.

"What?" Killian asked after a few minutes with a slight blush, brushing her blonde hair out of her face.

"I love you. I love waking up next to you. I love being with you," Emma let out, shaking her head in disbelief. She cupped Killian's face, stretching up to meet his lips in a passionate kiss.

When Emma pulled away, she had a new look in her eye as she caressed Killian's cheeks.

"Marry me," Emma whispered with a wide smile.

It took Killian a moment to process what she'd said.

"What?" Killian asked with a growing smile, pleasantly surprised.

"Marry me," she shrugged. "I know our future is uncertain, but if there's one thing that's for sure, it's that with you I have everything. I don't have a ring. I know it's not customary for the girl to do this. But I have never been more sure about anything in my life. You're kind, a-and loving, and funny, and handsome, and extremely sexy," Killian laughed as Emma pulled him in for a deep kiss. "There are two things in my life that I am absolutely one hundred percent sure of. And those are my love for you... and the fact that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You make me the happiest version of myself. So... what do you say? Do you want to get married?"

Emma nervously awaited his answer, but none came. Instead, Killian grinned, crashed his lips onto Emma's and kissed her passionately, flipping her onto her back and kissing her senseless.

"I'm guessing that's a yes, then?" Emma asked with a breathless smile.

Killian began trailing his kisses down Emma's neck as she bit her lip, gripping onto the sheets.

"No," Killian said his breath hot against her skin.

"What?" Emma asked confused. He pulled away, looked into her eyes and grinned.

"That's an absolutely, without a doubt, yes."

Emma's eyes welled up in happiness as she pulled Killian closer to her, connecting their lips once more.

"Although... I do believe not having a ring won't be much of a problem, darling," Killian mumbled against her lips.

"What do you mean?" Emma asked in a daze, opening her mouth slightly to deepen their kiss.

Killian pulled away gently, his face red, and scratched behind his neck like he did when he was nervous.

"Well... I may or may not have one already," he said.