Chapter 22: Liam's Question

I'm on a roll with this book! By so much with the rest cause writer's block... but I'm keeping up with this one okay 😅 Enjoy! (unedited, excuse any errors)

After all the presents had been opened save for a select few at the Jones residence, Emma and Ava had gone into the kitchen to work on lunch for the family.

Killian and Liam were headed out for some kind of little thing Liam was planning.

Or a big thing.

Brennan sat in the living room with his morning paper and tea in hand, the game of rugby he never turned off playing on the tv even as he read.

"Well, love, I'm off to take Liam shopping. Anything you need?" Killian asked sweetly, kissing her cheek from behind.

"Just get back to me in one piece, okay?" Emma joked, nuzzling her nose against his with a blushing smile.

"Will do, Swan," Killian smiled, giving her a quick peck on the lips before he and Liam left.

Emma went back to chopping up the carrots before her, a blush lingering on her cheeks and a smile plastered to her face.

Killian constantly in mind as she and Ava cooked around the kitchen.

"Ye really are special to 'im, dear. He loves ye," Ava said warmly, pushing the carrots into the pot for the stew they were making.

"Yeah... he does, doesn't he?" Emma replied, her smile growing. She by her lip as she thought of all the moments she'd exchanged with Killian.

"And ye love 'im too. Never heard ye say it but a mother can tell," Ava smiled.

"That obvious, huh? Yeah, I do. I've told him a couple times... it's just not something I'm used to. Having someone to love and love me back," Emma admitted.

"Why's tha', dear?"

Emma paused. She'd already revealed part of her past the first day she was there, but she wasn't quite ready to reveal it all. She hadn't even gone into specifics with Killian yet.

Of course, he knew the whole story, just not... the details.

"I'd uh... I'd rather not talk about it," Emma said honestly.

Ava understood and didn't push her any further, just making small talk.

"So what are the rest of those gifts?" Emma asked, directing her question towards the gifts remaining under the tree.

"Ah. Liam's to 'is girlfriend Ari. She'll be comin' 'round a bit later."

Emma smiled. She really couldn't wait to meet Ari. It couldn't hurt to have a new friend around.

-----

"Hey!" Mary exclaimed as she opened the door, revealing David Nolan.

"I missed you so much," David mumbled, his lips attaching to Mary's within a moment.

"I missed you too," she mumbled against him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"God, I love you so much," David said as they pulled away.

"I love you too. Are you sure Kathryn is still okay covering for us? I feel bad..." Mary-Margret admitted.