Chapter 21: A Drunken Christmas

Another chapter fresh off the... uh... my thumbs? Yeah 😂 Enjoy guys 😅 If you guys get confused about anything, don't worry, it will all be explained in future chapters ❤️ (unedited, excuse any mistakes!)

The minute Brennan brought out the drinks, the fun began. Killian, being just a few months over a year older than Emma, was well experienced in his way around alcohol and quite excited to see how Emma would handle it.

They poured her a shot glass of each bottle they had in the house and later them out in order of weakest to strongest in front of her.

"Whenever you're ready, love," Liam grinned, leaning back on the couch.

Emma was sitting on her knees in front of the coffee table where the shots were laid out. She was a bit nervous.

"You don't have to if you don't want to, Swan," Killian assured her. He sat beside her, rubbing her thigh gently in assurance.

"No, it's okay. I wanna do this with you," Emma smiled.

With that she grabbed the first little glass and downed it in one shot, slamming it down on the table.

Emma's face contorted.

"Ugh!" Emma exclaimed. "That's nasty!"

The family around her laughed, holding their stomachs at her reaction.

"Tha's only the weakest one," Ava managed, wiping away a tear of laughter.

Emma crinkled her nose as she brought the next glass to her lips, downing the liquid. This time she was more ready for the burning sensation in her throat.

"Does it get better?!" Emma asked.

"It will, I promise," Killian laughed moving to sit beside her and hold her from her waist.

By the sixth shot Emma was tipsy.

"Shotsarereallllyyy funnn," Emma slurred, tapping Killian's nose.

"Are they, now?"

"Yeeep. And you know- I think you have a really pretty face," Emma whispered in his ear.

"Thank you, Swan," Killian blushed, scratching behind his neck.

Emma noticed as Ava admired them with love and glared at her.

"He's my boyfriend," Emma muttered, hugging him tightly.

"Okay I think she's had enough, father," Killian laughed.

"Agreed, wouldn't want to repeat what happened the first time you drank," Brennan chuckled as he put away the drinks.

Flashback, Killian age 21:

"Honey I'm hoooooome," Killian slurred loudly, walking into his house with Liam supporting him.

"Killian! Hush, mum and dad have probably gone to sleep by now," Liam scolded.

"I see you took your brother for his first drink," Brennan smirked, coming downstairs tiredly. "How'd it go?" he asked Liam.

"Well considering he punched the bartender for supposedly 'looking at my arse' I'd say bloody fantastic," Liam answered.

"He did not!" Ava exclaimed, coming downstairs.

"Somebody's going to get it when he catches a girlfriend," Brenna laughed, helping Liam to get Killian upstairs and in bed.