Chapter 2: A Tour

I hope you guys liked the first chapter, here's the second! Please leave your thoughts in the comments and enjoy!

Killian and Emma quietly slipped into the class, careful not to disrupt the students as it had already begun. 

They sat together at the back of the class in the two remaining seats.

After their professor, Professor Booth, had finished his orientation speech and welcomed the new students, Killian included, he got straight to the point, partnering everybody up.

"For today, please work with the student beside you. No complaints. You complain you can leave my class. Today we will be doing scene studies. You are to analyze each moment of the scene and figure out the intentions behind your character's actions. You must know why they are saying each line and how the lines contribute to the play itself. This will help you to play characters with more conviction. Begin!" Professor Booth said, passing out scenes.

Emma cast Killian a nervous glance, her hands growing clammy. She hated group activities. Nobody ever wanted to work with her and she usually ended up working on her own on the side.

Not that she minded. Emma Swan was a loner.

"I suppose that puts us together then, Swan," Killian said, cracking a smile. She swallowed and nodded nervously.

"You don't have to deal with me if you don't want to, I'm sure you'd much rather work with someone else, so I can just do it alone if you prefer, I'm used to it," Emma said nervously, playing with her glasses.

"Why would I make you do that, Swan? I'd be delighted to work with you," he said with a reassuring smile. She glanced up at him in surprise, a little smile tugging at her lips as her cheeks gained a rosy color.

"Please tell me we aren't actually going to do this scene?" Killian asked. He'd never liked scene studies.

"Of course not, you really think anybody does these, especially on the first day?" Emma answered with a grin.

"Alright, well, do you have any pointers for me? About the people here at NYU?" Killian asked.

"I'm not the best person to ask. I might be pretty successful academically and artistically, but when it comes to social life I'm a complete failure. Although I will say, I'd watch out for David and his crew..." Emma said, launching into an explanation of their ways.

After the bell rang, Killian found that he had a free block before his next class and decided to head into the campus's courtyard.

When he arrived, he found a group of young men sitting together at a picnic table, fooling around and making jokes.

One of them, with short dirty-blond hair and blue eyes, beckoned for him to come closer.

"And who are you?" the man asked, crossing his arms.

"Killian Jones," he answered. "I'm new."

"Got any friends yet?" the same man asked him.

"Just my roommate and-"

"Good. You need to make sure you join the right group, so I'd say we could let you join us. You're attractive enough, you've got an accent, you athletic?" the man asked.

"Aye, but-"

"Wonderful. I'm David, that's Graham, Will, and Peter. We've been looking for a fifth member of our group for a while now, but we've always had trouble with one little trait that we look for..." David said.

Killian paused, thinking a moment. These were the men that Emma had mentioned. She'd said they were the most well known on the campus with the capacity to make life a living hell, as well as a miracle.