Chapter 4: Offer

I do hope that everyone is enjoying this so far :) If so, maybe drop some comments on parts that spike your attention? Thanks, everyone :) xoxo

Enjoy!

2 months later...

"Jones! You did not just do that!" Emma screamed, a bucket of cold water having been emptied over her head not two seconds earlier.

"Mary gave me permission," he answered with a smirk. Emma glared at her friend who was standing in the doorway holding back a laugh. 

"Come on then, we're gonna be late," Killian laughed. Emma rolled her eyes, unable to stay mad at him. "Meet me by the cafe for cocoa?"

"You got it," Emma answered with a blushing smile.

The moment Killian left the room Mary-Margret gave Emma a hard smirk.

"What?" Emma asked innocently.

"Oh come on," Mary-Margret said, uncrossing her arms. "When are you two gonna get together already!"

"Mary, I don't know... I like him. I really do! And things are going great, I don't wanna scare off my only other friend. And besides, I don't think he likes me that way," Emma answered honestly, changing into a dressy-casual outfit. 

"And what if the moment I give him all the details on the whole depressing backstory deal he just leaves? I'd rather lose him as a friend than as more. It'll hurt less," Emma mumbled.

"He makes you smile, Emma. Before you met him, it'd been years since I'd seen you smile. Now? I see one on your face every single time he's around. And he acts like a five-year-old on Christmas when he's around you so don't give me the 'he doesn't like me back' crap," Mary-Margret said bluntly.

"Mary, he could date any other girl. I'm just his friend, okay? Why would he want to be with me when girls like Belle and Anna and Rose are around?"

"You're disappointing me, Emma. I thought we talked about being more positive about yourself?"

"Okay, mother, I'm gonna be late for class. May I leave?" Emma asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm just saying, somebody is gonna owe me big money when you two become a couple cause I've been shipping it since day one!" She called, leaving Emma laughing in her bedroom.

She smiled, thinking about Mary's words.

He really did bring that smile to her face. He improved her mood. He made her happy. An emotion she hadn't felt in years. 

Would it be hard to let him in?

Yes.

But wasn't it worth a shot?

---

Killian waited for Emma by the cafe as promised, her cocoa with requested cinnamon in one hand and his dark coffee in the other. 

"Why hasn't she kissed you yet?" David asked from behind him.

Killian jumped in surprise.

"Mate, don't scare a man like that," Killian complained, annoyed with David's presence. 

"Yeah, yeah. Answer the question," David said with a hard expression.

"She hasn't kissed me yet because she hasn't wanted to. And even if she had, I'm not going to break her heart," Killian said adamantly.

"Why not? She's worthless-"

"Shut up. She's worth more than you'll ever be. And if you must know, I don't want to hurt her, as I've been telling you for the past three weeks, because I care for her. I'm not joining your dumb squad I won't do anything to hurt her," Killian said for the hundredth time.