Chapter 24: Cry for Help

Things are getting pretty intense here... here's another chapter.

Two days had passed.

Two days since David told Killian he had to crush Emma or she'd die.

And he had to crush her bad.

Two days and still, Killian couldn't do it. He had to, or she'd die, but still.. he couldn't bring himself to crush what little happiness Emma had in her eyes.

How could he? He'd come so far, gaining her trust, breaking her walls.

But how could he not? She'd... she'd actually die.

Just... cease to exist.

And so Killian decided, as he highlighted his lines in his script Tuesday evening... the next time he saw Emma, he was going to do it.

He didn't have a choice.

Just as he made up his mind, there was a knock on the door to his and Robin's dorm.

He headed over and opened it, not expecting to find Emma there.

"Hi," Emma said quietly, tears brimming up in her eyes.

"Swan?" Killian asked, concerned.

"Can you, um... Can you please hug me?" Emma asked innocently, on the verge of breaking down.

Killian closed his eyes, letting out s heavy breath.

"Of course I can, come here, love," Killian said softly, bringing her into his embrace.

Emma hid her face in his chest, trying to hold back her tears as her breath came in and out quickly.

"Rough day?" Killian mumbled.

"Yeah," Emma managed.

"You can cry, love... I'm not going to judge you, you know that," Killian assured her.

A minute later his shirt was soaked through by Emma's silent tears.

"Did you...?" Killian asked taking her arm gently.

Emma shook her head.

"No," she whispered. "I thought if I came to you I wouldn't need to anymore. And I was right. So... thank you," Emma managed, leaning up to kiss Killian.

"I love you so much," Emma mumbled, pulling away softly to tuck her head into the crook of Killian's neck. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Killian let out a shaky breath at that.

How the bloody hell was he meant to break her now?

Could he even do it?

"Killian... you mean more to me than you'll ever know. And I don't think I'll ever love anyone as much as I love you. I think... I think I'm ready," Emma said with a shy smile, looking up into his eyes.

"You mean... ready to...?" Killian asked. Emma nodded slowly, her eyes flitting down to his lips.

She leaned up, Killian meeting her halfway in a soft, passionate, loving kiss. Emma let her hands run down his chest, unbuttoning the shirt he had on and pushing it off his shoulders.

Thank goodness Robin was staying at Neal's that night...

But the whole time... all Killian could think was how? How cruel would he be to take her virginity right before he broke her heart? What he was going to do was bad enough.