Chapter 29: Birthday

Hey everybody! 3.5K words ahead of you! Drop some comments for me? Enjoy! (Sorry this took so long!) *unedited*

July fifteenth- Killian's birthday.

A day of the year everybody enjoyed.

And this year he was especially excited because Emma was going to be there with him. And to him, that was the best gift he could ask for.

Emma was determined to make the day extra special, as that was as exactly what he'd done for her when he'd put together a party last winter.

She smiled to herself, remembering how perfect the day had been. How she spent her first birthday party...

Killian went into the guest room quietly and smiled when he lay his eyes on Emma.

He lay little kisses all over her face until she stirred, stretching like a kitten.

"Hi," she mumbled with a dazed smile, her hair everywhere and marks from her pillow on her cheek.

"Morning, birthday girl," Killian grinned.

"Uuugh, Killian it's not even my real birthday," Emma groaned.

"I don't care. We're celebrating," Killian grinned.

"I really don't want a party- I hate parties so much," Emma pleaded.

"It doesn't have to be big," Killian suggested.

"Killian... in the system? Your birthday just makes you one more year less likely to be adopted, okay? I've just... never really seen birthdays as something I enjoy," Emma explained.

"Well how about this," Killian compromised. "We can call it 'Emma Day.' Whatever you want to do, we'll do it, just say the word," Killian smiled sweetly.

"Really?" Emma asked innocently.

"Anything, love," Killian smiled, leaning down and kissing her softly.

"Well first," she mumbled against his lips, pulling him closer. "I want you to lay with me and kiss me till you're sick of it," Emma smiled, deepening the kiss as he climbed into the bed with her.

"So you want me to kiss you senseless till the day I die?" Killian mumbled, tugging her closer by her hips.

She gasped, smiling against his lips, and nodded, running her hands through his thick hair

Killian growled, crawling over so he was on top of her, and kissed her harder. He hitched up her thighs, making her wrap her legs tightly around his waist as his lips traveled down her neck, earning a series of satisfied sighs and whimpers from Emma.

"Oi! Lovebirds! Not in my house please!" Brennan shouted from the other side of the door.

They pulled away quickly, Emma hiding in Killian's chest even though there was nobody to hide from.

Killian chuckled, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"We weren't going to, father!" Killian called back honestly.