Chapter 11: Comfort

Is that picture not everything?! I love it so much 😍😍

I know the last chapter was a little angsty hehe, but hopefully this nice fluffy chapter will make up for it! Not promising more angst won't come though..

After convincing Mary-Margret and Robin to stay for the rest of the party so Emma could have some space, Killian had spent a good hour simply soothing her.

He rubbed warm circles in her skin, massaged her back, brushed her hair.

He helped her into her pajamas.

"Long sleeves?" Killian asked, already knowing the answer. That's all she ever wore.

And finally, he helps her into her bed and tucked her under the covers.

"Would you like me to sit with you?" Killian asked slowly after a few moments. Emma hesitated a moment, then nodded.

Killian took off his shoes and climbed into the bed beside her, opening his arms.

Emma nervously let herself lay on his chest. So much comfort was still new. She wasn't quite sure how to handle it.

"Are you alright?" Killian finally asked, dying to hear her say something.

Emma didn't answer. She just turned her head into his chest and cuddled up to him, refusing to acknowledge the outside world.

"Did he...?" Killian asked carefully.

"No," Emma croaked, wiping away tears from her puffy red eyes and tightening her hold on Killian. "No, he didn't," she whispered.

"Love... feel free not to answer this, but... am I correct when I say you've yet to loose you're virginity?" He asked slowly.

Emma nodded.

Killian sighed, kissing her forehead warmly.

"You're so strong, you know that? So strong, Em," he whispered, holding her until she began to doze off.

As he rose to head back to his dorm, Emma grabbed his hand to stop him. He turned back to look at her, her golden tresses spilling over her tear-stained cheeks.

"Stay with me? Just... 'till I sleep?" Emma mumbled innocently, her eyes fluttering open slowly.

"Aye, love... always," he whispered, climbing back in beside her and laying in a sleeping position.

Killian pulled Emma tightly to him so she lay on his chest, all snuggled up under the covers.

"You're safe now, Swan. I promise you I won't let anything like that happen again," Killian whispered, rubbing her back soothingly.

"Thank you. If you hadn't gotten there in time, he would've..." Emma trailed off as fresh tears soaked through Killian's shirt.

"Hey... it's-it's alright, love, it's... it's over now. Come here," he beckoned, pulling her from her position so she was in his lap, her legs and arms wrapped tightly around him.

Killian hated that he didn't know her well enough yet to know how to make her feel better right now.

He hated that all he could do was be there. But since it was the only thing he could do, he did exactly that. He held Emma, rubbed her sides gently, ran his fingers through her golden locks.