Chapter 8: Gentle Reminder

I'm back again with another update for you guys! I hope you liked the last chapter :) Here's another!

A smile.

It spread like wildfire, happiness coursing through his body as he lay in bed, recalling the events of the day before.

As he recalled how he'd somehow managed to claim Emma Swan.

Not to confuse anyone, for it wasn't uncommon for Killian to catch a lady, however he'd never met anyone quite like her.

Like Emma.

Even just her name made him smile. Everything about her. Her laugh, her smile, her shyness and compassion. Her ability to be unconditionally kind to others when given the chance, even when she'd been treated like trash by nearly everyone she encountered.

Except for him, of course.

He was, after all, a devilishly handsome gentleman.

Killian smirked in his bed, stretching out as he ran his fingers through his course hair. It was nearly Friday, just two more days, he thought. Perhaps he'd take Emma out somewhere over the weekend. After all, they couldn't say they were dating if they'd never been on a date.

"Oi, Killian! Snap out of your daze and get your arse out of bed, we're going to be late!" Robin said, catching Killian's attention.

"Right. Sorry, mate, was just thinking..." Killian mumbled, dragging himself out of bed.

"Let me guess, about Emma?" Robin asked with a smirk.

"Am I not aloud to think about my bloody girlfriend?" Killian grumbled, tugging on a shirt and spritzing on some of the cologne he knew Emma liked.

"Hold on, girlfriend? Last I checked you insisted you weren't a couple yet!" Robin exclaimed.

"Aye, emphasis on yet. Now we are," Killian said matter-of-factly, a grin plastered to his face.

"Mate, you're a blessing. Neal and James owe me so much," Robin chuckled, slapping his back affectionately.

"You bet on us as well?! Mary-Margret and her friends did the same," Killian muttered.

"And Mary and I both won. We've been wondering for a while together over how long it'd take you two to finally accept your feelings for one another," Robin smirked.

"You two have no lives," Killian chuckled, following Robin out of the dorm.

"Right, well, I'll see you later," Robin said, waving Killian off as he headed to class. Killian, as usual, waited in front of the cafe for Emma with her cocoa and his coffee.

Not moments later, Emma arrived looking as stunning as ever.

Killian's smile only grew as his eyes grazed over her.

"Hey, love," he said with a smile handing her the cocoa.

"Hey," Emma replied. She blushed fiercely as she returned the smile.

Emma nervously curled a strand of hair behind her ear, hesitantly stepping closer to Killian.

He seemed to sense her hesitation and helped her out, entwining their fingers together and caressing her hand gently.

Emma looked down, smiling in wonder at this new sensation. A sensation she'd never experienced before and she was relishing in every minute of it.

It was as if every time they came in contact, a spark would go off, lighting a fire deep inside her. She'd get all warm and tingly inside, butterflies swarming her stomach.