Chapter 7: Results

How are you all liking this so far? Let me know! If there is anything you want to see, drop it in the comments, loves :) Enjoy the next chapter!

Emma was a nervous wreck. She'd finished her math test half an hour early and was fidgeting furiously with her sweater as Mr. Mendel went through the finished pile. She wasn't sure who's test he was grading and it was driving her insane.

Two minutes before the block ended, he passed back all the tests, face down on the desks.

Emma breathed in deeply and flipped over her paper.

Her heart all but stopped at what she saw.

She walked slowly out of the classroom when the block ended, following the herd of students into the courtyard.

As she headed down the path, test in hand, Emma was pushed to the ground by the two bitches, Regina Mills and Ruby Lucas.

"Watch where you're going, retard," Regina sneered.

"Yeah, didn't your mom ever teach you to walk? Oh, that's right, you never had one," Ruby added with a glare.

"I-" Emma started, trying to get up.

"Shut up," Regina spat, shoving her back down to the ground.

"Leave her alone," Killian's voice came from behind.

He'd spotted the scene from afar and was not liking that Emma wasn't doing anything to defend herself. She was intimidated and it was two against one.

Uneven odds. Bad form.

"So you've got yourself a little bodyguard now, huh? Well you can tell the man candy he can't do anything. My mother is the co-owner of NYU next to Mr. Gold. If he tries anything, I go after him next," Regina hissed.

"Don't you have something to do other than hurt people who've done nothing but exist?" Killian said angrily, stepping in front of Emma.

"She's done a lot more than that. She's friends with that bitch Mary-Margret. And any friend of hers will pay. I lost the man I love because of Mary. And now? Since hurting her clearly won't work, she's far too optimistic, I hurt the people she loves. Do I need to add you to the list?" Regina growled.

"I think you need to leave," Killian replied calmly.

"Like your opinion matters," Ruby glared.

"Now," Killian emphasized. The girls huffed, turning away with flips of their hair and strutting off to who knows where.

"Are you alright?" Killian asked Emma, worry shining in his eyes as he helped her up.

"Yeah, thanks for that," Emma said softly, dusting herself off. She picked up her test from the ground.

"Are you sure, love? They pushed you down quite hard-"

"Killian, I'm fine. Really," Emma insisted.

They strolled through the courtyard, grateful for the shadows cast by the trees on such a hot day.

"Alright... well, how'd you do?" Killian asked, referring to the test.

Emma stopped walking. She looked away.

"See for yourself," she said in a monotone, handing him the paper.

He accepted the paper and looked it over, his eyes widening.

"An A minus?!"

Emma grinned, a giggle of pride escaping her lips as she was swept up into his arms. He spun her around, his grip on her never loosening even as he set her down.