Chapter 13: Revealed

How are you guys liking this so far? Be sure to let me know in the comments, and enjoy the next chapter!

When August had asked for Killian, he was in the middle of Social Studies Modern. The phone in Ms. Grant's room had gone off, and moments later, he was walking down to Professor Booth's office.

What could he possible want? Killian wondered.

As he approached the office, he heard the sound of racking sobs and wasn't sure whether or not to enter.

Killian knocked hesitantly on the door.

"August? Shall I come back later?" he called.

"No, no please come in," August insisted.

Emma was feeling immense shame. Shame that her teacher had caught on to her, shame that now her boyfriend was going to see her like this. It was humiliating.

"What's going o- Em? What the bloody hell happened?!" Killian exclaimed, immediately worried. He quickly made his way to Emma, kneeling in front of her as he took her hands. "Love? It's Killian, look at me," Killian prodded.

Emma only cried harder. Killian looked over at August in askance, and when he did, the teacher subtly pointed at Emma's arm. Killian glanced over, seeing everything, and understood.

"Oh, Emma love, come here," Killian said with a sad sigh. He lifted her up gently, took her place in the chair, and sat her so that she straddled his waist, sobbing into his chest.

"I'll give you some time. Don't worry about missing classes," August said softly, leaving the office.

"Emma, love, you have to breathe. Can you do that for me? Look here, love, show me those eyes," Killian coaxed, tilting her chin up.

"There they are. Come on now, in through your nose, out through your mouth, you can do it," Killian encouraged, holding her tightly.

Nothing he said seemed to be working.

He decided... he was going to try something else.

"When I was younger, my brother Liam and I used to adore having our baby sister Dawn around," Killian began. "She was our little princess to protect and take care of. Growing up, she was always quite rebellious. So when we told her she wasn't ready to start driving alone... she wasn't inclined on listening."

Emma's breath began to steady as she stared up into Killian's eyes, hanging on to every word.

"Dawn died in a car crash at 17 years of age. When we lost her... it felt like the end of the world. Like the whole universe was crumbling before my eyes and I was powerless to stop it. I'm betting that's how you feel quite often, Em. I understand how hard it is to cope with things sometimes, I really do. So if you ever, ever, feel any kind of pressure or overwhelming anxiety or stress... Love, I'm here. You can always talk to me," Killian whispered, caressing Emma's cheeks.

By now she was breathing shakily, her cheeks tear stained and eyes red and puffy.

"There's my Swan," Killian smiled softly. "Come 'ere, love," he beckoned, pulling her tightly into his embrace.

"I get it if you want to leave..." Emma said almost illegibly. "Based on correlation data, most relationships end when proven that one partner has issues," she mumbled against Killian's neck. "I wouldn't blame you if you'd rather find someone more normal..."

"Hey, stop that, right now," Killian scolded, tightening his grip on Emma. "I'm not going anywhere any time soon. Any time at all, really. So stop with the assumptions because I'm in this for the long run."

"Do you understand, Emma?" Killian asked. "I'm not leaving you. Do you hear me?"

Emma nodded.

"Good," Killian whispered, bringing her tightly back into his arms.

When it was clear that Emma had calmed down, August entered the room once more.

He sat at his desk, observing the couple before him. Emma wouldn't look up. She sat with her head buried in Killian's neck, seeming nearly asleep as she gently ran his fingers through her hair.

Killian was doing his best to keep Emma calm, whispering comforting words in her ear as he wove his fingers through her golden locks. Her breathing remained steady on his neck as she hugged him.

Emma was upset. Not only terribly sad and stressed, but angry. Angry with August for revealing her. Angry with him for knowing.

"Emma... I know you probably don't want to talk to me right now. And that's okay. But I can't just forget about this and let you go... you need to get some kind of help," Auguest said gently.

"You're right, I don't want to talk to you," Emma muttered, remaining in her place hidden away in Killian's arms.

"Swan... hear him out. Let's see what he has to say, shall we?" Killian said to her softly. He nodded for August to continue.

"I don't want to make you deal with anything too overwhelming or over the top, but I can't just send you away. So how about we meet in the middle. Twice a week, I want you to meet with our on-campus social-worker. Talk, let out what's bothering you... maybe find some ways to avoid bad choices and some coping methods? How does that sound?" August asked.

"You said you'd meet me halfway. Here's my half. I'll meet with the shrink instead of our sessions," Emma said emotionlessly, coming out of Killian's arms.

August swallowed, nodding, and agreed to the deal. "Alright. If it means you're gonna get help then okay. Take the rest of today off... you too Killian, stay with her. I've got it covered," August insisted, sending the two off.

Emma rose without another word, Killian behind her, and went straight to her dorm.

Her dorm where a letter sat amogsnt the pile of mail on the kitchen table.

"Emma, Emma it came! It- whoa, what happened?" Mary-Margret said, coming out of the kitchen.

"Bat timing. What came?" Killian asked as Emma went right into her room and shut the door.

"The letter. The cast list," Mary answered.

Killian's eyes widened. That meant he'd gotten the letter as well. He grabbed the letter from Mary-Margret and ran into Emma's room.

"Em-!" He started.

But then he stopped.

Because the sight he saw broke his heart.

He saw Emma. Asleep from exhaustion. Tears streaking her face and and soaking her pillow. 

Curled into a tight ball and hugging another pillow tightly to her chest.

Killian sighed sadly, setting the letter on her nightstand and touching her under the covers.

"It'll be alright, love. I promise," Killian whispered, leaving a soft kiss on her forehead. 

And with that, he waited. 

He waited with her hand in his, watching over her until she'd wake.