Chapter 20: Christmas Eve

So sorry for the delay my patient R.M.Bs, but here's another chapter for you! Enjoy 😊

Christmas.

Such a magical time of the year.

It was tradition in the Jones residence that one gift may be opened on Christmas Eve by the two youngest guests or family members and the rest the following morning. To say Killian was excited would be an understatement.

Beneath all his maturity and ability to provide comfort, he truly did act like a five-year-old.

For example, the day of Christmas Eve, Emma simply watched as he skipped around the house, stringing up more lights, hanging up more ornaments.

Though he was definitely a romantic five-year-old.

For at dinner, as everyone sat around to eat, Emma was called into the hall by Killian to help with who knows what.

"Look up," Killian said with a grin.

Emma glanced up to see mistletoe hanging from the doorframe.

She smiled widely, her cheeks meeting her eyes as she caught his lips softly, leaning up on her toes to reach him.

Killian chased after her as she pulled away, not letting their lips part.

"Killian!" Emma giggled against his lips, getting swept into a deeper kiss.

"What, am I not allowed to kiss my girlfriend?" Killian asked with a smug grin.

"Hmhm," Emma giggled, kissing him again, her arms wrapping around his neck. "I love you," she admitted against his lips.

Because she did. She really, truly did.

He had this ability... the ability to turn the shittiest day into one she never wanted to forget.

He was the light that brightened even the darkest of days.

The power that kept her heart beating.

Didn't he deserve to know how much he meant to her?

Killian pulled away, gazing down into her eyes intently as his smile only grew.

She loved him.

"You what?" Killian grinned.

Emma shrugged with a shy smile. "I love you."

Killian smiled even wider.

"What?" Emma asked, blushing fiercely.

"I just- I love you too," Killian answered, shaking his head in disbelief as he kissed her once more. "So much."

Emma smiled against him, pulling away just enough to rest her head on his chest.

"Oi lovebirds!" Brennan called from the dining room.

"Yer dinner's gettin' cold 'ere!" Ava continued.

"Coming, mum!" Killian called back, giving Emma one last kiss before they entered the dining room hand in hand.

Absolutely smitten.

"Did you put the mistletoe to good use?" Brennan whispered to Killian.

"Aye," he answered briefly, his cheeks growing rosy.

"That's my boy," Brennan smirked.

"Father," Killian groaned when Brennan ruffled his hair. Emma giggled beside him, enjoying watching him and his father mess around.