Re-Sort

Chapter 61: Re-Sort

-Bex p.o.v.-

The night in the Room of Requirement was a long one. Andrew and Sebastian had come to visit me not long after I laid down on the bed. Sebastian curled up on the end, falling asleep quickly in his kitten form. Andrew rested his back against the headboard, wrapping an arm around me.

"You know," Andrew mused, "you could always just not be sorted. Just be houseless."

I shook my head, "I don't want to feel like that, Blake, I want to belong somewhere. I want to have a family."

"Dumbledore, don't be stupid. I'm your family. So tomorrow at the sorting, I'll recommend you to the Ravenclaw's, it'll be easy. You'll be a Ravenclaw and you can chill with me, you don't have to do anything with the others. You can spend all the time with me."

I smiled softly, "thanks. But I doubt that they'll want me in their house."

He rolled his eyes, "now I think you're being stupid on purpose, of course they'll want you." He smirked, "the second you left the room, everyone broke out in whispers, they were all talking about how much they wanted Bex Dumbledore in their house."

"We'll have to wait and see tomorrow then." I shrugged, still not completely certain.

The next morning arrived too quickly for my liking. I was still cuddled up in Andrew's side, our legs tangled together. When I sat up a bit straighter his blue eyes connected with mine. He smiled slightly, "morning sleeping beauty."

"Morning, Blake. How are you?" I asked softly, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Pretty good, though you made my arm fall asleep about halfway through the night." He chuckled, stretching his arms above his head.

I giggled, "sorry, I didn't mean to make your arm go numb." I gave him my best apologetic smile but couldn't help the giggles that escaped.

"Let's get some food." Together we walked down to the great hall. It was silent when I entered. Everyone watched my every move. They kept their eyes trained on me.

I struggled to choose were I would go. Which table should I sit in? What should I do?

Andrew seemed to catch my mental contemplations because he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the very end of the Ravenclaw table. "Ignore everyone else. Focus on me."

I nodded and picked up an apple, taking a bite from it. I felt awkward with everyone's gaze on me.

The day was rather eventful, I stayed by Andrew's side the entire time. We hung out by the lake, speaking softly to each other. He comforted me and told me not to worry, telling me everything would be fine.

And I didn't argue. I believed Andrew because Andrew knew everything. He knew what would happen and he knew it would be fine. If I could trust anyone, it would be Andrew. I trusted him with my life.

My friends didn't try to communicate with me. They kept their distance. James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter would watch me, but they did nothing about it. They simply watched. Though, they did have a quittich practice and they looked sort of helpless. James almost came up to me to, he was about to ask me to come practice, but Sirius stopped him. He probably never wanted to speak with me again.

And as I suspected, Lily was giving me the silent treatment. The girls stayed on Lily's side, I guess they agreed with her on the matter.

Only three people I called my friends, talked to me. Those three were Liam, Regulus, and Severus. They stayed by my side. They trusted me.