Once More

Chapter 47: Once More
-Bex p.o.v.-

I sat on the roof with Andrew and Sebastian, just watching the stars. It was much more peaceful that usual, Sebastian wasn't jabbering on and Andrew wasn't complaining about mortals. They were quiet and calm.

Well not completely.

They were stiff. Their backs rigid, breathing tight, and heads snapping towards the direction of the smallest sounds.

Something was up.

"We have to go." Sebastian stood suddenly, yanking Andrew away. They jumped off the roof without another word, disappearing from my view.

Seconds later, as if on cue, new girl's familiar tapping of her shoes on the concrete floor echoed into the night. "Bex?" She asked quietly, hesitantly.

I leapt from my spot, swinging down into the balcony of the astronomy tower. I raised an eyebrow at her.

She adjusted her weight from one foot to the other. She wrung her hands, messing with her fingers. She kept glancing from her feet to me then back again. She was acting just as strangely as Sebastian and Andrew had been.

"Can I tell you something?"

I shrugged, "whatever."

"You have to promise that you won't tell a single soul." She bargained, holding out a pinky.

I rolled my eyes, "who am I going to tell anyways?" But nonetheless, I linked my finger with hers.

She grinned suddenly, "does this make us friends? Sharing secrets, I mean." She looked at me curiously, for the first time I noticed her eyes were a soft grey.

"No." I answered shortly.

She frowned, "alright. But you promise?"

"I wrapped my finger around yours didn't I?" I shot back, growing impatient.

"I like this guy," she trailed off, twirling a piece of her hair. Again, I noticed that it was a bright color of red on top, the tips a bleached blonde. She obviously dyed it. But how had I only just noticed?

I nodded, "yes, Remus. We've already gone over this. You're a Ravenclaw nerd who likes strange people."

She sighed, "how do I get him to notice me?"

I scoffed, staring at her strangely. "Seriously? You're asking me for relationship advice? Shouldn't you be asking Lily or something?"

She shook her head furiously, "no, Lily's a great friend, don't get me wrong. But she has trouble keeping things to herself. Cai told me you're good at keeping secrets. I don't want anyone to know."

I shrugged a little, "yeah Lily's not so good at keeping secrets," I agreed easily, smirking. "So you've come to me for advice, out of everyone? You've chosen me?"

She looked a little nervous at my question, hesitantly she nodded, speaking in agreement.

"Well you've come to the right person."

"Really?" She asked, her eyes brightening.

"Yeah, I mean who else to ask about Remus? He may be a weirdo with secrets, but he's still my friend."

She grinned, "you called him your friend."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah whatever. Shut up about it."

She smiled softly, looking away to hide it.

"The way to Remus is through fine literature. And I, a very scholarly person, know the finest of literature." I smirked, gesturing to myself.

"You read? I've never even seen you open your textbooks." She looked at me doubtably.