Amortentia

Chapter 11: Amortentia
-Bex p.o.v.-

I spent the weekend with Andrew, training to put up a wall. Apparently nonstop voices in your head is motive enough to focus and get stuff done.

By Sunday night I was able to block out most of people's thoughts. The only exception being loud thinkers. They seemed to bust right through the barrier I was working on.

Monday morning. Not something I was looking forward to. Right off the bat I would be making potions, which was something I didn't enjoy that much.

"Please take a seat where you were assigned. Yes, thank you." Slughorn stood at the front of the room. When everyone made it to their seat and sat quietly Slughorn began instructions. "I thought it would be fun to see what you all thought of a couple of potions. Right down this line is-"

The door opened, interrupting the class room. "Sorry we're late sir, we got stopped by Filch," James smirked.

"That's quite alright, boys. Do take your seats," he gestured to the many tables in the class room. "As I was saying," Slughorn droned on about the potions he had lined up on the observation table.

"Hey Dumbledore." Sirius took the open seat next to me.

I frowned, "couldn't you have taken any of the other ten empty seats in this class room. Did you really have to pick the one next to me?"

"It'd be a shame if I didn't." He chuckled, "can't have any boys thinking they can sit with you, now can I?"

I scoffed, "as if. You can't tell me who I can and can't sit with. Nice try Black."

"Miss. Dumbledore, would you mind coming up here and smelling the potion? I'm sure we'd all love to hear what our Headmistress, for the time being, is attracted to." Slughorn motioned me to his side.

I smiled and made my way to his right, coming behind the table with him.

"Right, so just take a whiff of this love potion and tell us what you smell." Slughorn held the small vile out to me.

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, one scent strong enough to stand out, "I smell chocolate and Mrs. Evans' cookies fresh out of the oven," I paused taking another deep breath, a very familiar scent filled my nostrils "and the forest floor after a storm." I breathed in the potion once more, "and some sort of cologne. It smells sweet but it also has some edge to it." I opened my eyes, looking back to the professor.

"Well it seems that Miss. Dumbledore has found her match." He chuckled, "a young man who wears cologne that is sweet but edgy. Interesting. Now you must only search for that smell and you will find him."

I smiled, "if it were only that easy."

He chuckled, "yes, yes my dear, love is a battle. But the reward is one of the greatest. You may take your seat again." I sat back down, "does anyone wish to volunteer? How about you Mr. Black?" Sirius shrugged and went up to the front table. "Tell us what you smell."

He bent down to smell the potion, "uh I smell my motorcycle, the smell of grease and burnt rubber." He described, "firewhiskey." He smelt the potion again, "the smell of the Quidditch Pitch, the iron of bludgers and the crisp smell of the air when you go up high enough." He faltered, "and a girl's perfume or something."

"Very nice, Mr. Black, you may take you seat." Slughorn smiled at him, and continued to take volunteers.

Sirius slid into the seat next to me, silent and deep in thought. He was staring at the table, he didn't even have a smirk on his face. It was surprising.

My head began to throb slightly, warning me. If Sirius thought any harder his thoughts would break through my wall. I closed my eyes and focused, trying to reinforce the wall. The throbbing stopped and I relaxed.

I thought back to the smells that I had come across, I knew I had smelt it before. The forest floor after rain. It was a distinct smell, I had to have come across it at some time, it was at the tip of my tongue, I just didn't know where.

"For homework I want you all to take a vile," Slughorn gestured to the fifteen or so small containers full of the potion. "And I want you to write a paragraph explaining what you smell and what it could mean."

He began to pass out a vile to each student. "And before you try, the amount is too small for it to put anyone under its spell. So I don't want you to try and use it on anyone." He handed me and Sirius one, "when you receive yours you may leave. Class dismissed."

"That's a shame, Dumbledore." Sirius joked, twirling the vile between his fingers, "I could have finally gotten you to agree to go on a date with me." He was smirking again.

I rolled my eyes, "will you ever stop with the cheeky remarks?" I placed my vile carefully in my bag.

He chuckled, "is that something that could get me a date?"

I huffed, "is that all you care about? Getting a stupid date? Don't you care about anything like friendship, love, loyalty? No, of course not, all you care about is your next bedding." I stood, grabbing my book, ignoring the surprised and slightly hurt look on his face, "I'm not going to be your next bedding, Black. You'd do well to remember that when you try to use one of your cheeky comments on me." I turned, walking out of the potions room.

I walked deeper into the dungeons, going to the farthest back dungeon, one that was restricted to students. It also happened to be where the flesh-eating trolls were being kept.

Outside of the large metal door that was containing the beasts, was a bucket of fresh meat. The house elves had placed deer meat, bull testicles, cow innards, and many other different types of strange meats inside it. I placed my potion book on the floor, along with my bag and retrieved the bucket.

Next to the bucket, leaning against the wall was a large, heavy club. I lifted up the club, banging on the metal door. "You know the drill!"

I swung the door open, entering the large room that was holding three flesh-eating monsters. They made their sounds, whatever they were suppose to be, but they sounded like wounded animals begging to just be shot so as not to be forced through all of the pain.

"Food?" I questioned, lifting the bucket. Their eyes left me and trained on the bucket. "Go sit in your corner."

They did as told, siting in the corner farthest away. I then moved towards the middle of the room where a baby pool sized bowl was placed. From my bucket I lifted sting of pig intestines, tossing it into the large bowl. I continued to do so, tossing different types of meat into it.

When I was about halfway through with filling the bowl for their first meal of the day, one of the trolls got a little bold. He was the largest and most stupid of the trolls but he was also the most bold. He came at me when I was busy throwing a bit of lamb into the pot he swiped at me.

His long nails caught the collar of my shirt, tearing through the material and slicing my skin. I gasped, jumping back. The bucket full of animal meat that I had placed on a stool, tipped forward and some of the blood smeared across my white shirt.

I glared at the beast. "Back! Back!" He was caught off guard by my loud voice. While he was surprised I bent and lifted the club up. "You stupid creature, you don't attack the person who is feeding you." I swung, the bat hitting his leg. "I could starve you. I could kill you. I could cut you up and feed you to your friends. I could do so many things to you." I spat into the pool, blood was filling my mouth. The troll backed away, going back to his corner.

I glared and lifted the bucket, dumping the entire thing into the pool of bloody meat. "Eat your food. I'll be back tonight and if you try to eat me, I won't be feeding you anymore." I slammed the door behind me, locking them in. I left the bucket and club outside the room, grabbing my bag and shoving my book inside. I wiped the corner of my mouth, cleaning the blood from my face.

I started on my way up to the common room. People looked at me wide eyed and moved out of my way when they saw me.

"Gorgeous! What happened to you?" Sirius stood from his seat when he saw me enter the common room.

"Are you covered in deer blood?" James questioned, staring at me with wide eyes.

"I'm not really in the mood." I glared, trying to go around them.

"You're covered in animal blood and your clothes are torn!" Remus exclaimed, "are you bleeding?" He reached for me.

I backed out of his reach, "I just want to go to my room and clean off."

"But you're injured, you have to get that fixed." Remus argued.

"I can worry about that later, I just want to clean off." I repeated, trying to go around them again.

"Not gonna happen, Dumbledore." Sirius grabbed me and tossed me over his shoulder. They left the common room and headed in the direction of the hospital wing.

"Put me down! Black! You moron! Put me back down!" I yelled, hitting his back.

"Might as well give up now, Dumbledore, I'm not going to release you until we get to the hospital wing and Poppy fixes your cut. I mean your neck is bleeding." Sirius continued on his way.

"So how'd you end up covered in animal blood?" James asked sending me a look of confusion.

"What I do in my free time is none of your business. But if you must know I was feeding the man-eating trolls."

"So there really is man-eating trolls in the castle." James looks interested.

"Of course there is." I rolled my eyes, "I didn't lie about the trolls being kept in the dungeon."

"Poppy!" Sirius yelled, pushing through the doors. "Dumbledore hurt herself again!"

"I didn't hurt myself, a troll decided he wanted to take a bite out of me." I grumbled under my breath. Sirius set me down on one of the hospital beds.

"What happened?" Poppy exclaimed when she caught sight of me.

-------------------------
Hope everyone is having a great Christmas Eve! Tomorrow is Christmas! Aaaahhhh! Who else is super excited?! I know I am.
So if you would all comment, vote, share, fan, and follow that would be amazing! Thanks! :)

And as a Christmas present to all of my amazing readers.... I will have an update for you all tomorrow as a Christmas present! It's just a little thank you for being a part of Bex's journey :) Merry Christmas