The Wrath of Mrs. Potter

Chapter 25: The Wrath of Mrs. Potter
-Bex p.o.v.-

The three of us were sat in James' room. We were freshly cleaned and in new clothing. We were also playing the blame game.

"This is all your fault." I glared at Sirius. "You're the one that got flour in my hair. If you didn't do that, we wouldn't have started the food fight."

James glared at me, "you're the one that smashed a banana in his face. You could have been the bigger person and just cleaned yourself up."

Sirius scoffed, "bigger person? You're the one that made the food fight official by screaming this means war and lobbing a chunk of butter at me."

"You threw a piece of bread at me!" James defended.

"Sirius is the one that jumped away from tiny little sparks." I brought up. "That's what started this entire thing."

"James doesn't know how to turn a simple cooking device on. It's a muggle machine! Muggles know how to use it!" Sirius threw his arms up in exasperation.

"I didn't know how to work it, big deal." James rolled his eyes, defending himself. "Lots of wizards don't know how to work muggle things."

"But it's been in your house," I brought up, "you should know how to use it, you've only lived in this house your entire life."

"I think all of the blame falls onto Sirius' shoulders. He is the one that suggested we work together to make lunch." James crossed his arms over his chest. "Any sane person could figure out that we wouldn't be able to work together without create some sort of mess."

I nodded in sudden agreement, "I must agree with you, James. He was trying to be Remus. Nothing good comes from a non-Remus trying to be a Remus."

Sirius rolled his eyes, "excuse me for trying to stop a fight that was brewing between the pair of you." He smirked, "this is your fault. You two were fighting, creating this whole problem."

"James, it's you're fault. You should have just made lunch like I told you." I sent James a look.

He returned my look, "you know I can't cook, you should have made the meal to begin with and the problem wouldn't have started."

"I made breakfast, you should have made lunch." I insisted.

"No, I can't make lunch. You should have made it." James shook his head.

Sirius sighed, "this is getting us nowhere. I'm hungry and you two are fighting again."

"See!" I exclaimed, pointing a finger at him, "he's trying to act like Remus again. Something's going to happen! Take cover!" I ducked behind James' dresser, peeking carefully at the two boys still sitting on the bed.

Someone cleared their throat at the door. Remus stood, holding a tray of sandwiches, Mrs. Potter behind him, looking rather unimpressed at us.

"Sirius is right. You are all getting nowhere. Family isn't suppose to fight." She scolded, "you're all close enough to count as family. James and Bex are cousins and Sirius lives in this house as well. You three should not be fighting."

I smirked from my hiding place. At the sight of Mrs. Potter, Sirius and James flinched, sharing a look of horror. Speaking around the wooden piece of furniture, I defended myself. "I've only just found out that James was my cousin. It's not fair to expect us to get along right away. We will still challenge each other, testing the boundaries that come with first meeting someone. And Sirius is just annoying."

Mrs. Potter sent me a look of disapproval, "that's not very nice to say, family loves each other no matter what. Family doesn't give up on family."

James spoke in complete confusion, "how am I suppose to love her? She's crazy! She tried to kill me with sugar!"

Mrs. Potter glared at her son, causing him to avoid eye contact. "You will love her because she is your kin, that is how you are suppose to love her." The look on her face was challenging him to speak against her statement. He stayed quiet. "Have I made myself clear?" Her eyes flickered to each of us individually.

"Well," I started. "I don't see how you can force us to love each other. It's like my dad, he thinks he can just make me get along with people. It doesn't work."

Mrs. Potter gave a very un-Mrs. Potter-like smirk. "I can do it like this," she closed the door. There was a light click, the lock falling into place, closing us in this room permanently. "You aren't coming out until you three start getting along."

I swiftly stood from my crouch by the dresser and hurried to the door. "You can't do this!" I yelled, pounding my fists on the wooden door. "I'm going to die!"

"Yes I can, and I just did." Her musical laughter sounded through the door. "Sorry, Remus dear, I'm afraid you'll have to stay in there as well."

The sound of her retreating footsteps made me frown. "Great going," I glared at the two boys, "this is all your faults."

"Hey, on the bright side," Sirius spoke, "we have food!"

Remus stood by the door, looking uncomfortable, holding a tray of sandwiches. Not just any sandwich, Grilled Toasties, the sandwich that started this entire thing.

----------------------
Hey, so sorry that it's a short chapter. It's basically setting it up for this next chapter. I'll try to have a second update up later today, but it's my sisters birthday party.
Please comment, vote, share, fan, and follow! Thanks guys! :)

P.S. I'd like to thanks Eliza, for helping me create the idea of Grilled Toasty Fireworks. You should go check out her profile, she's got some great story ideas. @japrilaspirations