Death Trap

Chapter 44: Death Trap
-Bex p.o.v.-

I adjusted the dress again, groaning. "Why is this so uncomfortable? Why do I even have to wear a dress? Seriously, this is stupid."

Lily rolled her eyes at me, pushing my hands away, "it's fine. You look amazing. Quit messing with it, you'll rip it or something." She smoothed it out and took a step back to look me over. She frowned a little at my feet, "are you sure you don't want to wear these heels?"

"Completely." I stated firmly, wiggling my toes in my black converse sneakers. Lily had managed to shove me in an itchy dress and then expected me to wear heels? No way was I getting in two death traps in one night.

The dress I wore was a little black one, it proofed out around my thighs, and was tight on my chest. I felt as if it was too revealing, short bottom and low cut top, who was I? Some slut? There was beautiful beading around my waist, taking the eyes away from the strapless top and leg view.

I didn't like the dress. But it was better than what the others wore.

Lily's was a little longer than mine, it was black on the top and a soft pink at the bottom, separated by a beaded sash on her waist. She wore a pair of black heels with it, making her my height.

Alice, who had a similar dress style as Lily's, was also longer than mine. Hers was a bright yellow, with a flower stitched at the top of her pretty dress. She had a thin line of jewels stitched around her middle. She wore yellow flats to match.

New girl had a bright red dress on, red heels to match. Since she had a rather large bust, which I had never seemed to notice, in fact I never really noticed much about her, I was too busy ignoring her to care; she had thin straps to hold her dress to her body. The red dress went down past her knees, much longer than mine. She also had a small sash of beads around her waist.

Cai had a much more conservative dress compared to mine. The purple cloth was wrapped around her body loosely at the top and tighter on her bottom. One arm was covered three-quarters of the way by the purple fabric. The other side was five or so thin straps that met together at a sparkly broach, held on her shoulder. She wore silver heels and a diamond necklace.

Marlene, also a conservative choice, seeing as her boyfriend didn't go here anymore, was wearing a royal blue dress. It was only one shouldered, the one sleeve going all the way down her arm. From the sleeveless side if her dress, diagonally going down was a pretty pattern of jewels. It looked like little trails of sliver water moving down the blue dress. She had silver heels on.

If you couldn't already tell, the theme the girls decided to go with when choosing dresses was jewels and beading. I of course was not there when they made the decision and got the dresses. Which was probably why I didn't like the dress. That and it was a dress.

"Come on, the party is starting soon. Some of us do have dates to these things." Alice giggled, ushering us out of the room. She was just too happy in that bright yellow dress, someone might mistake her for a Hufflepuff.

When we reached the bottom of the staircase, Alice departed with Frank, who looked beyond happy to see the little yellow fairy.

Sirius, James and Remus were sitting on one of the couches, they were all dressed up, sitting in suits. They must have heard the sound of the clicking heels, because they turned to see us.

I connected eyes with Sirius. He was staring me in awe. He never took his eyes off of me. Not even when I turned away from him and towards the girls. "I'm going to go see the guys real quick, see you at the party."

They wished me farewells and left together out of the portrait hole, off to Slughorn's party. I started towards the boys. I smiled at them softly, regretting that I agreed to go to this party. Well actually, I didn't agree. I had been forced into it, guilt tripped, and pleaded with. "Hey guys."

Remus stood, bowing, "wow, you look amazing." He smiled at me, taking my hand and kissing it.

"Thanks Remus," I blushed a little at the complements, my already pink cheeks turning a shade darker. No one had ever really told me I looked nice, except for Sirius. "You look nice, as well."

"My baby cousin? Looking like a girl? Is the world ending?" James joked, pulling me into a hug.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Jamesie-Poo is all clean, looking like a man and not an over grown toddler. It must be a miracle!"

He laughed, grinning at me.

Sirius finally stood, blinking quite fast. "Gorgeous, you look- you look gorgeous." He stumbled over his words slightly, rubbing the back if his neck.

I smiled at him, "thanks, this dress is just um how do I put it? Leaving little to the imagination."

"I can tell." He muttered, seemingly more to himself.

James glared, hitting him upside the head, "stop checking my baby cousin out."

I giggled, rolling my eyes at the two. "James what are you even doing? We both know Slughorn didn't invite you. Not after you made that mess last week."

He smirked, "I'm Sirius' date for the night. Another reason you can't check out my baby cousin." He spoke the second part to Sirius, looking at him pointedly.

I sent him a look, "he wasn't even checking me out, James. Quit being so over protective. Anyways, I have to go, my date should be waiting outside." I waved goodbye to them over my shoulder.

As I walked away I heard another smack, James muttering at Sirius to stop staring at my arse. I rolled my eyes mentally, that boy was just too protective. I doubt Sirius was even looking at me.

Regulus was waiting outside of the portrait hole as I exited. He looked up at the noise, his eyes brightened at the sight of me. "Aria, you look beautiful." He took my hand, kissing it.

I smiled, "thanks Reggie, you look pretty good too."

He chuckled, holding his arm out, "I always look this good."

I giggled, looping my arm around his, "right you are."

"You look great normally, but this dress, wow you look fantastic. You look like a girly girl. It shows off a bit of cleavage, makes your legs look like they go on for miles, and sticks quite nicely to your womanly curves."

I pursed my lips at him, questionably.

"Not that I was looking!" He defended. I giggled, shaking my head at him. "Come on, you can't blame a guy for looking. You're absolutely gorgeous and you never wear things like this. The closest any guy here has ever seen of your girly figure is from those tight jeans you wear, but even then, your shirt covers your arse, blocking the view."

I gasped, hitting his arm, "Regulus!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled, "it's true!" He continued on, "you don't wear the uniform so it's not like we can see you in a skirt, and since you decided to wear the uniform shirt only, it blocks your arse from view. This is a nice change, you should wear dresses more often."

I rolled my eyes, "not happening."

"Then a guy might as well look all he can now." He laughed at the face I made, "I'm just kidding! But I'm sure my brother will enjoy this change in clothing."

I rolled my eyes, "yeah right."

He dropped the subject as we entered the room in which Slughorn's party was being held. Slughorn greeted us, smiling widely. Then he began to tell us about what his party held, what we could do, and where we could go.

--------------------------
So sorry it's been a while since I last updated. Debate finals are this weekend so I'm going to be a bit busy, but I'll try to have an update on Sunday, when I update the Bex Games. Yesterday was the last day to turn in any last minute applications for it. So I'll be going through and picking the winner. The winner will be announced sometime before the next competition is given.
Please comment, vote, share, fan and follow! Thanks!