Sleepy Surprises

Chapter 26: sleepy surprises
-Bex p.o.v.-

Sirius sat on James' bed, eating the majority of the sandwiches. Remus was sitting comfortably next to him, reading a book. James was stealing the occasional sandwich from Sirius' grasp.

I sat in the corner, protected by James' dresser. When first being forced to stay in the same room, all I had done was take a sandwich from the tray and reside in the corner. My thoughts were that if I stayed as far away from them, we wouldn't fight and would be free to go.

My thoughts proved to be wrong thirty minutes later when Mrs. Potter yelled through the door, "I don't hear any friendly talking. Sitting silently isn't going to solve any problems."

I didn't move from my corner. I wouldn't be giving in, Bex Dumbledore did not cave in. Not ever. Bex Dumbledore did as she wished, not follow orders.

That was something that people didn't seem to understand, her father and Mrs. Potter alike, if they tried to push her into a friendship with someone, she would push back harder. That was her nature, something she had unknowingly gained from her mother; an intelligent and hardheaded woman, if she set her mind to something, nothing else would happen until she got as she wanted. That was the one thing that Reginald Potter was attracted to the most when he first met Victoria Grayson.

If there was one thing and one thing only that Victoria Grayson passed onto her daughter, it was her stubborn nature. That was the thing that anyone who knew Victoria or Bex could say they had. They were as stubborn as a bull, nothing switched their mind from something they had set it upon.

That's just how they were, it was their nature. Something they would never have been able to change. For better or for worse, it was there to stay.

The boys, who were sitting on James' bed, began a discussion about Quidditch. It was as if they were doing it in spite of me, they knew I would have to join the conversation or we would never get out of this room. I didn't join the conversation.

Instead, I stayed in my corner, leaning against the side of the dresser. I soon drifted into a peaceful sleep.

There was a short pounding coming from the opposite side of the room. I drowsily lifted my head, looking over in confusion. Mr. Potter poked his head into the room, informing me that he had been knocking.

His eyes searched the room, spotting me far away from the other three. He sat in James' desk chair, patting his lap, gesturing for me to join him.

Slowly, and sleepily, I crawled over to him. He lifted me easily onto his lap. I rested against his chest, my head buried in the crook of his neck.

"So why exactly is my wife angry and you children are locked away in a room?" Uncle Charlus chuckled.

"Evil sandwiches made her kitchen a mess." I murmured softly.

"Evil sandwiches?" Uncle Charlus asked in astonishment, "what did these sandwiches do? I heard that there was ingredients all over to kitchen as well."

James nodded, "they flew around all by themselves."

"All by themselves?" He questioned, amusement in his voice.

"Yes, they tried to attack us as well," Sirius added.

"Hmmm," Mr. Potter hummed, "it seems to me that evil sandwiches aren't the only thing to blame."

"No, it's just evil sandwiches." James clarified.

"I think that children need to be punished. You know how I like to punish naughty children?" He asked, "I tickle them!"

My back went rigid as his fingers attacked my sides ruthlessly. "Uncle Charlus!" I squealed trying to free myself from his grasp.

He threw me onto the bed with the boys, attacking us with tickles. James squirmed around, rolling over me and onto Sirius. Remus jerked away, dragging himself closer to me. Sirius tried to get out from under James, he pushed up against me.

Uncle Charlus chuckled, pulling away from us, "you guys get some sleep, it's late."

James opened his mouth to protest, "it's only nine!"

"Yes, but you are being punished which means I can tell you when to go to bed." Mr. Potter smirked, flicking off the light and leaving the room before we could argue anymore. The lock clicked into place and his footsteps disappeared down the hall.

We squirmed around in the bed for a few minutes, crawling under the covers. The king-sized bed didn't feel as large when we were lying next to each other, shoulder to shoulder.

"Good night guys," Remus muttered from the right end of the bed.

James murmured his reply, he was curled up next to Remus, hogging the pillows.

Sirius, who lay between James and myself, complained. James merely replied that it was his room and bed, then he fell into silence, snoring softly.

Sirius huffed, moving closer to me so he could use the sliver of my pillow that was available to him.

From my place on the left side of the bed, I pulled the covers tighter around me, closing my eyes and falling into a peaceful sleep.

Waking up was involuntary. The bright sun beams were shining through the lightly shaded curtains. The light landed directly on our faces, one by one, waking us up. I just so happened to be the first to wake up.

Remus was curled into a tiny little ball. His hands wrapped around his legs, bringing his knees to his chest. His head was resting peacefully on James' shoulder.

James, snoring quietly, was sprawled out, the reason Remus was curled into a tiny ball and about to fall of the edge of the large bed. His long arms were flung out pushing Sirius' body away from him and towards me.

Sirius was wrapped around me as if I were his teddy bear. His head was resting on my chest and his arms around my waist, his legs were entwined around my own. He curled deeper into me, trying to get away from the sun threatening to shine on his face.

I groaned slightly, trying to free myself from his death grip. Who holds onto something this tight while sleeping? Shouldn't a sleeping person have a really soft grip? I thought to myself, glaring at him.

Remus woke up next, falling to the floor when he sat up. His body crashed against the carpeted floor, though I was sure that the carpet didn't stop the landing from being hard.

Remus groaned, "James, you idiot!"

James groggily sat up, hitting Sirius' head. The hit caused Sirius to fall down a bit more, his face landing on my breasts.

I gasped, pushing him forcefully away from me. He flew from me and crashed into James, both of them landing in a heap on the floor, Remus muttering incoherent words at the bottom of the pile.

"What just happened?" Sirius looked so confused, like a lost puppy in a big city. He had been the last to wake, a bit roughly, the fall and crash had been what woke him. He didn't know what else happened, none of the boys did.

I cleared my throat, "I woke up and didn't want to be the only one awake." I shrugged, lying easily.

Remus, who knew some of the truth, looked at me quizzically. The three stood from their pile on the floor. "Are we even able to leave?"

I shrugged at James' question. "I didn't check the door."

Sirius stumbled towards the door, still slightly sleepy. The knob turned easily, the door swung open.

We all shared a look. "Time to break free."

------------------
Hey guys! Sorry it took so long, Wattpad deleted the chapter I had written, forcing me to have to re-write it all. I hate when that happens! It's happened to me like five times!
So anyways, I've finally updated, please tell me what you think, I know it's not long. I wanted to hurry and get you all an update. I promise the next update will be super long!
Comment, vote, share, fan, and follow! Thanks so much! Somewhere in your comment say the word "mittens" if you actually read these notes. :)