Rambling

Chapter 48: Rambling
-Bex p.o.v.-

Seeing as dinner had only ended about an hour and a half ago, students were still awake. They were walking to their dorms, meeting with friends, or just hanging around. When they saw us coming through the front doors, they stopped to watch.

They starred as I was brought in. They watched as I passed. They continued to look as I left their sight. And when I had rounded a corner, they began to talk.

A prefect who had been walking down the hall rushed to our side. He asked what we needed done. Minnie answered, "round up her regular group of friends." The prefect hurried away, going in the opposite direction we were going. Minnie left as well.

Poppy looked at me, frowning sympathetically, "dear, can you hear me?"

I nodded as best I could.

"I'll need to put you down fully so I can do other things. Can you handle it?" She asked, looking unsure about her decision.

I groaned out an answer in affirmation, nodding. I tried my best to get ready for the impact of my weight on the gurney.

Slowly, she lowered me the rest of the way onto the gurney. I screamed out, my yells covering the crunches of my bones.

Sirius yanked at his hair, "do something! Fix her! Don't just leave her in pain!" He yelled at Poppy, glaring darkly at her.

Poppy turned to look at him. With her focus on something else, the gurney bumped into a corner.

I screamed again, the pain becoming unbearable. I was about to pass out. I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't handle it. This was something, one of the only things, I could not handle. Bex Dumbledore was breakable.

Poppy sensed my situation, she glared at Sirius. "Stop trying to tell me how to do my job, Mr. Black, and make yourself useful. Keep her from slipping away."

"How am I suppose to do that!" He protested, looking vulnerable, he didn't like being placed in charge of something so important. Or maybe he just didn't like being put in charge of something that had to do with me. I was his best mates family, if something happened, how would he be able to live with the knowledge of it being his fault.

"Talk to her."

He fumbled over his words, trying to find the right thing to say. He finally managed to choke something out, "uh you looked nice today. I mean, you always look nice. Just, I think you looked especially nice today. There was something different about your hair." He rambled on. "I think it was a bit straighter, it only curled at the very ends. It was a nice different, though I love your curls. Your hair looks very nice you know, it looks so soft. Maybe softer than mine."

He rubbed the back of his neck, "am I doing okay?"

I nodded stiffly, choking out my words as best as I could. "Just- keep talking."

He nodded, searching his head for anything to talk about. "I have a motorbike, you know." He informed, "I'll take you on a ride sometime, if you want. It'll have to be over the summer. She's in the Potter's garage, waiting for me to get home. Man, she's a beauty. I call her Jeanette."

I screamed once more, interrupting Sirius in his talking. Without my noticing, we had made it to the hospital wing and Poppy was placing me on the bed.

"They'll be here any minute. Minerva went to go get them, just keep talking to her." Poppy instructed, she then left to her office.

"Um how are you?" He asked but frowned. "That was a stupid question, I'm sorry." He rubbed at the back of his neck, nervously. "Of course you're not having a good day, you just fell off the astronomy tower. Uh I'm going to shut up now, I'm rambling aren't I?"

I smiled up at him. "You're fine." I groaned at the pain.

"What should I talk about?" He asked, racking a hand through his hair in stress.

Poppy came out of her office, carrying all sorts of things. Minnie entered at the same moment.

Andrew slammed the doors open, they hit the walls with a loud clap. Minnie was speed walking so that she could keep up with him. Sebastian walked in at a leisurely pace.

Andrew worked with the equipment expertly, he began to work on me.

"I need her to be stabilized. Black, hold her hand so she can squeeze it when she hurts." Andrew instructed.

Hesitantly, but surely, Sirius grabbed my hand. He held it as soft as possible. He feared that he would hurt me.

"Get ready." Andrew warned. I braced myself, squeezing Sirius' hand. Then the pain hit.

-------------------------
Hope you guys liked it! Sorry it took so long for the update! But what did you guys think?
Comment, vote, share, fan, and follow! Please! :) the Bex games are up as well!