The Speech

Chapter 49: The Speech
-Bex p.o.v.-

I screamed through the pain, arching my back and squeezing Sirius' hand as hard as I could. Andrew's hands were holding my middle, healing me.

The fire burst through me, surrounding myself as well as running up both Sirius and Andrew's arms. Sirius watched the flames in horror, the flames were stinging his skin, I knew. Andrew however, was immune to it, he also could control fire.

The pain finally decreased, it was sucked from my body, and to Andrew. I let out on last scream before it all went away. The fire extinguished as well, leaving me to lay in a burnt bed.

My breathing was quick and less troubled than before. My chest was heaving up and down, my hand still gripped Sirius'. I wasn't in anymore pain.

I let out an exhausted sigh, dropping my head back on the pillow. I closed my eyes and calmed my breathing. Everything was fine.

"I'll let them in." Minnie turned to the door, opening it for my friends to enter.

New girl, who had been forced to leave during the healing process, came bounding in. "Bex Dumbledore! You better not ever scare me like that again."

I gave a tired laugh, unaware that I was still holding Sirius' hand, "yeah right. We all know this is going to happen again. I seem to always fall from great heights."

"Well you better stop." She scolded, wiping away a stray tear.

I chuckled, "I doubt that'll happen. I live for adventure. It's the price of being a Gryffindor, which reminds me, I never gave my speech!"

Lily giggled, brushing my hair, "you still want to give that speech?"

"Yeah! I was stopped last time, I have much to say!" I insisted, "tell my dad to gather all of the students in the great hall, Minnie, I have a speech to give."

She shook her head at me, looking amused, but turned and left the room.

"Someone help me up," I tried to push myself off the bed, but that wasn't working. I tried to use Sirius' hand to help me up, he chuckled.

"You ever going to let go of his hand?" James smirked, nodding to our joined hands.

I rolled my eyes at him, but released Sirius' hand. He looked at his hand strangely. I guessed it was the warmth spread through him. It was like what I did to Regulus, I gave him my warmth. Though it was unintentional this time.

"How about we just steer the whole bed there," Remus suggested bringing the subject at hand back up.

"This is why you're the brains of the operation, Remus. Let's go." I grinned at him.

"We'll see you down there." Lily smiled at me. She and new girl both left.

It took a whole thirty minutes for the boys to finally get me down to the ground floor. I, of course, was very helpful.

"Come on boy! You can do better than that!" I called, waving a miniature Gryffindor flag. They groaned, lifting the bed once more so they could carry me down the last bit of stairs. "Finally! You boys are losers, its not that heavy." I rolled my eyes, "it's only me, lying on a hospital bed. I bet it's super easy to lift, especially since you guys are all big and strong."

James rolled his eyes, "it's not as easy as it looks. Especially since you're the one sitting on the bed. You try lifting me while I lay on the bed and see how easy it is then."

"Don't be a baby," I smirked, "now push me to the great hall!"

The boys complied, pushing the bed down the corridor. The wheels spun easily, making the trip swift and simple. Andrew held the door open and allowed for the other boys to push me through.