Lily's Grudge

Chapter 16: Lily's Grudge
-Bex p.o.v.-

The days had passed by quickly. I was all good with the boys but things were still a little rough between a myself and Lily. She seemed to be holding my fake dating James against me. And she can hold a grudge.

Once when we were eight she didn't talk to me for three months, not one word. It was all because I had used my power to transform into a goat and chased Petunia around the yard. She's terrified of goats now, I got my revenge, and she didn't make any of her little comments to me for the rest of the week. But Lily got mad and wouldn't talk to me either.

Of course, she wouldn't talk to me until I apologized, and since that wasn't going to happen, she held her grudge for three months.

It's like it was happening all over again. She wouldn't wake me up in the morning, sit with me at meals, or nag me about doing my school work. I'm guessing she's just a little angry, nothing too bad. It's not like I chased Petunia around while transformed into a goat. She couldn't be that mad.

I was wrong.

September. She had not spoken to me once, she hardly even looks in my direction. It's like I was dead to her.

So during that month, while Lily was busy hating me, I agreed to join the Quidditch team. I would need something to do in my free time since Lily would probably not be speaking to me anytime soon. James was happy, he was bouncing off the walls when I told him.

I also did my opening prank. Apparently, waking in the middle of the night and putting dye in every single shower in the castle so that when everyone showered they would be dyed the colors of their house, was worth a week of detention. I mean seriously, it only lasted a few days. I think that managed to make Lily a bit more angry with me, I guess she didn't want her skin to be as red as her hair with gold spots all over. I thought she looked like a cute red and gold Dalmatian. She must not have agreed.

October. She didn't talk to me. She stopped looking over at me. I really was dead to her.

During that month we had the first Quidditch game of the year. Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw, Lily didn't come to watch. She was in the library, studying, Remus had informed me. We won. She didn't come to the after party.

It was getting colder and I had started spending more time outside. October was quickly passing. The leaves changed color, the temperatures dropped, the animals from the forest began to store food.

On Halloween I pulled my big prank, though it wasn't as big as I would have made it if I wasn't so bummed. The weather was mellowing me out. The memories of last winter were constantly in my mind, and with winter so close, I wasn't as carefree and excited for the prank. Everyone seemed relieved that no monsters were used. I only switched Sir Nick's Death Day food with the Halloween Feast. They didn't like the sour pumpkin juice, raw meat, spoiled vegetables, and nasty desserts. Though Sir Nick enjoyed the look of the fresh food at his party. They weren't too happy about the rotten food but they seemed to liked it better than the monsters.

November. Lily hadn't spoken to me. Lily didn't look anywhere near me. My bed in our dorm was always empty. I didn't sleep in there anymore. To her I was just a dead, decaying body that was six feet under the ground.

The second Quidditch game happened that month, Ravenclaw vs. Hufflepuff. Lily went to that one, she sat on the complete opposite side of the stands from me.

Alice and Marlene had started sending me glances. I guess they had started talking about me in the dorm room. Before they had smiled and waved, even come to speak to me every once in a while. But that had slowly decreased. Marlene only spoke to me at Quidditch practice and since Alice and I didn't have any classes together, we didn't speak. Now that the sentimental looks were being passed towards me, it was clear that Lily had started to talk about me to the girls. That could be a good or bad thing.

The beginning of December, things had started to change. Lily still wasn't speaking to me. She had begun to look at me though. She would look at me while speaking to the girls, then when I looked up, she would look away. I was being revived from my death.

We were sitting at breakfast, I was with the Marauders. Lily was sending me those half-second looks before turning back to her food. I was off to a good day.

The owls began to flood in, mail had arrived. I wasn't really paying attention, I rarely got mail, there was no one to mail me. My dad was here, I didn't have a mum, no muggle friends that knew of me being a wizard, no wizard friends from another school. No one really that I could send a letter to. Though Aunt Eleanor and Uncle Charlus had started to send me a weekly letter, like they did James. But that was on Sundays. Today was Thursday, a week before Christmas break was to begin.

A pitch black owl landed in front of me. I looked at it confused, what was it doing here? I thought, the Potter's owl was tan, whose could it be?

"Is that Midnight?" Remus asked curiously, looking at the owl.

"No, Ozzy's owl has a white patch on his breasts. This owl is completely black." I explained, the owl had a note tied to its leg. Carefully, I pulled the string holding the note there, releasing the note. The owl swooped away as soon as the note was free from its leg.

"What is it?" Sirius questioned, his voice muffled from the sausage he was devouring.

"It's a note genius." I rolled my eyes playfully, unrolling the small piece of parchment.

Miss. Dumbledore,
I do hope you are well, Love, it's been so long. I'm sending you this owl as to inform you of my wishes for this incoming holiday. Please say that you'll agree to stay with me? I've missed you. Do reply as soon as possible. I look forward to getting your letter. Tell me all about your school year so far, I want to know all about it. I hope you have noticed that your ring is growing warmer, it's my yearning for you each and every day. We are connected through that ring, I can feel all of your emotions and you can feel mine.
Love Always,
Tom

I had noticed the warmth of the ring, the snakes eyes would glow at night and I could hear Tom in my mind, he was asking me to come to his side.

"Who's it from?" James asked.

"A friend." I said stuffing the note in my bag. "He just wanted to say hello, ask how I've been, nothing special."

"A boy?" James narrowed his eyes at me.

I rolled my eyes, "no need to get over-protective. He's no one you need to worry about."

Durning free time, after lunch, when I had no classes, I made my way out to the grounds. From my bag I dug out a piece of spare parchment and one of my quills.

I wrote out a note to Tom.

Dear Tom,
I've missed you too, I'm glad that you owled me, it has been too long. I would love to stay with you for the holiday, though I'll need to visit a friend, right before Christmas Day, and my father on Christmas morning. But I'd be happy to stay with you before that and after. I have noticed my ring, it gets warmer at night, sometimes so warm that it matches my body heat. Nothing has happened that is so important for you to know now, I'll tell you all about it when I visit. I can't wait to see you again.
Love,
Bex Dumbledore

I stood as soon as that was finished and went off the the Owlry, the sooner I mailed this letter, the less I'd have to worry about James trying to figure out who sent the letter this morning.

Now all I had to do was wait for his reply.

---------------------------------
Hey everyone! I hope you guys liked it! Tell me what you think of the time skip thing I used, just wanted to try something new out. I won't be doing it often, I just wanted to see if you liked it, I might do it every once in a while.
So if you'd please comment, vote, share, fan, and follow, that would be very amazing of you. Thanks!