Telling The Muggle Borns

Chapter 4: telling the muggle borns
-Bex p.o.v.-

I landed my broom in the perfectly mowed lawn of the first name on the list, Griffin Findley.

Muttering the incantation under my breath I was once again visible to everyone. I must have looked strange, carrying a broom over my shoulders while walking up to some strangers house. So I quickly shoved my broom into my messenger bag.

Knocking on the door, I absentmindedly started to whistle. The door swung open, revealing a little girl, no older than five or six.

"Arabella! You can not open the door by yourself, you could get hurt." A young woman scolded, coming up behind her.

"Hello," I greeted, smiling at the two.

"Hello, dear." The woman smiled at me, "how may I help you?"

"Is this the Findley residence?" I questioned, glancing back down at the list of names and addresses.

"Yes, this is. Do you need something?" She asked, looking concerned.

"Does your son, Griffin happen to be home? I have many things to discuss about him and your family." I explained.

"Oh? Um, yes, please come in." She moved aside for me to enter. "Here, sit down. Would you like some tea?" She asked.

"That would be wonderful, thank you ma'am." I smiled, sitting on the couch in the front room as she told me.

"Arabella, would you get your brother?" Mrs. Findley asked the little girl. She handed me the cup of tea and sat across from me, "what's this about?"

"Schooling. You see, my father is the Headmaster of a school in Scottland. Your son has been given the opportunity to study there." I explained vaguely.

She looked surprised, "really? Griffin isn't one of the best students, you want him to go to your school?"

I nodded, "yes, Griffin is special, we would like to help him with that."

"Mum? What's going on?" The boy who spoke stood on the stairs, looking at us curiously.

"Hello Griffin, my name is Ariana, Ariana Dumbledore. Please call me Bex, everyone does." I introduced, standing to shake his hand.

"What's this about?" He asked coming down the stairs to shake my hand, he then sat next to him mum.

"Her father runs a school, they want you to study their." His mum explained to him.

"Then why are you here?" Griffin asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

"I've been sent to explain things to the new recruits, to help them and their families to understand the changes." I told him, sipping on my tea.

"What changes?" Mrs. Findley asked.

I shrugged, "the regular stuff: housing, holidays, supplies," I listed.

"What school is it?" Griffin asked narrowing his eyes. "Do you go there?"

"Yes, I do attend the school. It's named Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." I took another sip of my tea.

The pair looked at me as if I had grown another head. "Witchcraft? Wizardry? What kind of joke is this?"

"It's no joke, Griffin. You're a wizard." I told him straightforward, not beating around the bush at all.

"No I'm not!" He exclaimed.

"Tell me Griffin, has something ever happened to you? Something strange? Have things broken if you were mad, things you weren't even close to? Has something ever happened to boys who were mean to you? Has anything out of the ordinary happened?" I looked him in the eyes, reading the emotions that flickered through his eyes. "I'm guessing they have, care to explain?"