Apologies and Threats

Chapter 39: Apologies and Threats
-Bex p.o.v.-

"Do it." She hissed, pushing them a bit. "I don't care how much it hurts your pride. Do it."

New girl seemed to be forcing Sirius and James to do something. I could hear them from the opposite side of the courtyard. I was sitting, enjoying the quiet, until they came along.

I sighed quietly, standing. It was time I left anyways, dinner would be starting soon. Plus, after spending most of the day in the Room of Requirement yesterday, the boys were a bit harsh with making me come see them ever possible second. I guess they just thought something bad happened when I suddenly didn't show up and Lily was just as worried as them. Of course since Lily and Severus had that fallout, the only conversing they did was when it was absolutely necessary and a life or death situation. Like me missing.

I started off towards the corridor just beyond the courtyard. I was almost there when they stopped me.

"Uh Bex, we have something we'd like to talk to you about." James cleared his throat, ruffling his hair.

I turned to face him, my face void of any emotion. "I thought I told you that I didn't want to speak to you unless it was absolutely, one hundred percent necessary."

"We're sorry, okay," Sirius suddenly burst out.

"What?" I asked, a little taken aback.

He sighed, "we're sorry." He seemed uncomfortable with apologizing, like he never did it. And I knew that was the case, Sirius Black didn't apologize. Everyone knew that.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I don't think you really are. You two like to give stupid apologies and then expect everything to be good again. And it is, until you let your stupid emotions take control and you say things you shouldn't. You never learn, you just act the same way. And I'm sick of it. I'm sick and tired of you two acting like idiots, I'm sick of you two pretending you own me, I'm sick of you two."

He shook his head, "we do mean it. Really. And we're trying our hardest to get better. It's hard knowing that you can just go and hang out with-" he hesitated, "people we don't like."

I pursed my lips. "I'll give you a week. If you can show me that you've changed, you really changed, I'll give you another chance. But this is the only chance you get."

They broke out in grins. James rushed forward, enveloping me in a hug.

Sirius smirked, "does this mean I get that date?"

I scoffed, "in your dreams, Black."

From her spot on the bench, new girl let out a squeal. "These moments are just so cute! I mean look at you guys!" She grinned, her eyes looking hungrily at us, taking in the scene.

"As much fun as this is," I started, pulling myself out of James and Sirius' grasp. "I've got to go. If I'm late to dinner I'll be skinned alive."

They nodded, respecting my decision but not liking it one bit. I could tell by the expressions on their faces.

"Bye guys." I grinned at them before jogging away.

Just before I was out of hearing distance I heard James say something, "thanks Callie, you're pretty cool for not being a pranker."

Of course I wondered who Callie was and why she didn't prank. I thought only Ravenclaw nerds, sensitive Hufflepuffs, cowardly Gryffindors and lazy Slytherins didn't prank. Of course that left only a handful of people, meaning that this Callie must be one of them, but cool enough to be talking to a pranker. In my book, she's okay, whoever this person was.

I slid into the seat next to Severus. "Hey Sev, Reggie,"

They smiled, "Aria! We almost thought you wouldn't show up." Regulus chuckled a little, "of course you know the consequences of that decision. It's a good thing you came. We were about to start a search party up."

"Why were you almost late anyways?" Severus asked, popping a piece of chicken in his mouth.

"Black and Potter. They apologized and told me they were trying to change. Change for the better." I explained, smiling slightly.

"And you believed them?" Regulus questioned, looking at me in disbelief.

I frowned, "yes I did, what do you mean by that?"

Severus sighed, "no offense Aria, but they aren't the best at keeping their promises to you. How many fallouts have you three had this her? Too many to count."

"Do you really think they're going to be able to change? You know they'll just start an argument with you as soon as the opportunity arises." Regulus explains further on Severus' point.

I sighed a little, "I know, but they at least deserve a chance if they are trying to change for me. I gave them a week to prove they've changed." I told them, "they didn't even call the Death-Munchers 'killers' when they had the chance to. That stands for something, doesn't it?"

They shared a look, "alright. If you think this is the way to go, we'll stand behind you. But if they hurt your feelings, you tell us and we'll beat them to a pulp." Regulus informed, looking at me seriously.

I giggled, "I'll be sure to do just that."

"Good. So now that that is over, how was your day?" Severus asked.

I grinned at him, diving into a rant about why I hate the word 'portfolio' and how it should be erased from the English language.

----------------------
So I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter. ARE YOU ALL READY FOR THE BEX GAMES?!?! I'll be uploading them just as soon as I possibly can! It'll be up later tonight! I hope all of you consider entering!
How to get to THE BEX GAMES: on my profile I will have a new book, called THE BEX GAMES, please read the instructions carefully and get started!
Comment, vote, share, fan, and follow! It's easier to know when I update or upload a new competition for TE BEX GAMES if you follow me, because then you get an email when I do. So I highly suggest you follow me! Thanks guys!