The Angry Red-Head

Chapter 15: the angry red-head
-Bex p.o.v.-

"Bex? Why did you call me down here?" Lily rubbed her eyes, coming down the stairs. "It's the middle of the night."

"Just come on," I pulled her along. "I have something to tell you. It's important."

We got to the common room and I sat down next to James on couch, he put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him.

Lily surveyed the scene, "are you two dating again?" She asked suspiciously.

I giggled, "oh Merlin no," I shook my head. "Actually. Since we're all here, me and James have some news."

After a moment of silence, Remus and Lily looking any us expectantly, waiting for the news that was the reason they were awakened at this late hour of the night.

"Bex and I are cousins," James grinned.

"Cousins?" Remus asked in confusion.

So Sirius explained the story to Remus and Lily. With small inputs made by myself and James. He started with being called in by my dad and the Potter's arrival at the castle and told it all the way to us leaving the office.

Lily looked at me and James in disbelief. "You two are related?"

"Yeah. My father and his dad are brothers." I grinned, "isn't this cool?"

She looked at me hesitantly, "you guys dated, you dated your cousin. How is that good news?"

"Oh uh," I rubbed the back of my neck.

"What?" She asked.

"We didn't really date. It was just something we did to get you jealous and make you realize that you loved James." I explained, not meeting her eyes.

She narrowed her eyes at us, glaring. "Let me get this straight." She stood from her seat and started to walk over to us.

I stood as well, backing up. "Lily, let's not get too worked up by this new discovery."

"You, my best friend, you pretended to date a guy that I can not stand, just to get me jealous?" With each word she stepped closer, backing me up into a wall.

"Uh, Lily, no need to get so angry. I was doing it for you." I looked over her shoulder, at the boys, for help.

"How was that helping me?" She spat angrily. Her words were venomous and her stare was deadly.

"Uh well it was to help you admit your true feelings." I tried to make her less angry by smiling at her.

It didn't help. "And how did that work out?" She glared harder.

"You did get jealous." I said softly, avoiding her furious gaze. She made some sort of noise to prove how mad she was. I looked at her in fear, trying my best to shrink into the corner.

She turned suddenly and stomped away, going to the girls staircase. I watched as she disappeared, going to our dorm room.

"I'm definitely not going up there tonight." I muttered to myself, letting out a sigh of relief. I went back to the couch the boys were sitting on.

"You should have just said that it was weird you went out and now that you know that you're family it's not going to happen again." Sirius spoke, "you shouldn't have mentioned the plan."

"Now you tell me." I mumbled with narrowed eyes. "You couldn't have mentioned that before I told her?"

He shrugged, leaning back on the couch. He had his legs resting on the coffee table and his arms crossed behind his head.

"So how is this going to work?" Remus asked curiously, looking between the three of us. I was sitting in between James and Sirius, James with his arm around the back of the couch and Sirius sprawled out.

"We're good again. We let it all out. No more bad feelings in the air." James explained.

"Bad feelings?" I shook my head at him.

"Don't criticize my word choice," James sent me a look.

"Whatever," I muttered to myself, rolling my eyes at him.

"Good, I'm glad that everything is fine once again." Remus smiled softly.

"Hey does this mean that you'll be wearing our bracelet again?" Sirius asked, opening his eyes to look at me.

"Yeah, you'll just have to remind me, I shoved it in my bag somewhere." I shrugged. "It's probably lost in the depths of my bag."

James chuckled, "let's hope not."

I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. "Sorry, boys, but I have to go. I have to go deal with some things. I'll see you in the morning." I stood, moving to leave the boys.

"Wait," someone had grabbed my hand, stopping me.

I turned back, Sirius was holding my hand. He let go when I connected eyes with him. "Yeah?"

"Where are you going? You can't just leave." He questioned.

"I promised I'd meet up with someone, I have to talk about some things with him." I shrugged simply.

"Him?" James asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Calm down, Mr. Over-protective. It's nothing to worry about." I rolled my eyes at the boy. "I just need to talk to him, nothing else."

"Alright, don't stay out too late, we'll see you in the morning." James said.

I started to the exit, the boys still talking behind me, "you're just going to let her go?" Sirius asked, "who knows which boy she's going to see."

"I can't really stop her," James answered as I walked out.

Sirius said something else but I didn't catch it seeing as the Fat Lady swung closed before he finished saying whatever it was he was saying.

I went up to the Astronomy tower, climbing up to our spot. Andrew was already there, like he knew that I was on my way. Or he had been waiting the entire time, which I doubted, Andrew never waited, he just seemed to know when to be where.

"Hey Blake." I grinned at him.

"Hello Dumbledore." He looked away from the stars to meet my eyes.

----------------------------
So sorry it's a short chapter, but I didn't know what else to do in this chapter! All I could really do was tell Remus and Lily about the her being a Potter.
Next chapter will be about Quidditch! Yay lol plus she'll tell Severus and Regulus
Please comment, vote, share, fan, and follow! Thanks!