twenty seven.

the boys of summer tour is now a week away and im for sure going. i was really excited to see the guys again.

"you have to drive megan back to dryden," my dad told me as he walked into the kitchen to make his third coffee today.

i was sitting at the island drinking my coffee while i watched my dad start to make his.

"when?"

"you guys should leave around noon if you want to get back in time to get ready for the tour," he told me.

i groaned. i did like driving, and i defantly liked road trips. but not when it was rushed and i had another trip to go on a few days after.

i agreed to drive megan, just because shes cool i guess.

it was now 10am so i thought i would start packing for tour since i had a few hours.

i placed all my outfits onto my bed and then put two into my deadpool bag for the two day trip to and from dryden, ontario, and then the rest will go in my suitcase.

i changed from my pajama shorts and old volleyball tee shirt to a pair of ripped, white, denim shorts and a baggy sweater.

i got halfway done packing for tour before megan came down and told me she was ready to go, so we loaded my truck before saying bye to my dad and leaving.

"could we go to tims?" megan asked.

"what kind of question is that?"

"ill take that as a yes," she smiled to herself.

we went to the drive thru and i ordered myself my usual, while megan got an ice capp.

"ready to leave the best city youll ever visit?" i asked her.

"not really, but ive got school," she explained, a sad expression on her face.

"fuck school. i never went and im doing fine," i told her.

she let out a small laugh. "you worked at fast food, then a gas station."

"at least ive got a job. if you have a decent job already that pays enough for you to live, then youre aye okay."

"well at least youve got the smarts to live on your own. i still need the schooling to go to collage and then get a good paying job."

"what are you talkin bout? youre smart. i dont know a lot of people that can figure out the exact price of what theyre buying before they pay. and i dont know a lot of people that can english as good as you," i said, being completely honest.

"i dont know a lot of people that knows as much history as you. like holy fuck, you just know everything about the canadian history," she turned the conversation around, obviously not wanting to admit that she was indeed really smart.

"hey, its not my fault i actually like history and my dad knows a lot so he just taught me," i shrugged.

"can you teach me?"

"what do you wanna know?"

"what does the term 21 guns come from?"

"i dont really know how it started but i know that its a symbol that the guns are unloaded. like when there was the ships, they would fire 21 cannons to say that they surrender i guess. i really dont know how to explain it," i said, telling her what i learned in grade 7.

"how many battles were in the seven years war?"

"a lot." i didnt actually know how many battles exactly, mainly because i only learned about the canadian part of it.