seventeen.

B R O O K L Y N

i met that girl dylan again on the subway while i was out with andy today and i decided to invite her over. blair was out for the weekend so it wouldnt be too awkward.

we lead her to the flat and were instantly greeted by boxes being thrown at us.

"whyd you do that?!" andy tried to be mad but ended up laughing along with rye and mikey.

mikey shrugged. "we felt like it."

"i told them not to," dani told us from my bed as we walked father into the room.

"oh mikey. you havent met dylan. and dani hasnt either. this is dylan. dylan, this is mikey and dani," brooklyn introduced. im not sure if he remembered me saying that we did know each other, or he just didnt want to be weird.

"dani and i actually go way back," dylan said, giving me a dirty look, but covered it up with a smile before the guys could notice.

"yeah. way back," i rolled my eyes before pushing past her and walking into the kitchen.

i didnt think she would still be pissed at me for being concerned for her health, but i guess she is.

"you okay?" i turned around to see rye closing the door behind him.

"i actually thought she wouldve gotten over why we arent friends anymore, but i guess not," i sighed.

i really did like being her friend. she was really fun and always had a new adventure.

"i bet if you talked to her itll all be okay." rye was really trying to make me feel better, but he didnt know how. he just wasnt good in these situations.

"maybe,"

he pulled me into a hug. we stayed like that for a while before there was a knock on the door.

rye tried to release me to open the door, but i refused to let go. he used his long arms to barely open the door for who i figured out was andy.

"am i interrupting a moment?" he asked. he was really asking if he needed to leave or not.

"not really. shes just in a cuddly mood," rye explained.

"i am," i smiled up at him.

"im making some tea then. you want any rye?"

"i would love some," he smiled.

"want any coffee dani?"

i shook my head, surprising rye and andy. "ill just drink one of my red bulls. im not in a coffee mood," i shrugged, removing myself from rye as i made my way to my bag. i started looking through it, grabbed my red bull, then walked back into the kitchen.

mikey and dylan seemed to be getting close, which i dont know why i felt slightly jealous of, but i did.

its not a 'shes going to steal the guy i like' kind of jealous, its more of a fear. if im going to be honest with myself, im scared everyone is going to love her more then me and theyre going to forget i exist.

she used to do that a lot. not on purpose. but everyone just seemed to like her more and pity her more because her mom is a drug addict who dates guys who abuse her. before she never wanted to make me feel like i wasnt important, but i know she still knows how i felt before and shes going to use that against me if she is still mad.

"are you sure youre okay, dani?" rye asked as he walked up to me.

i hadnt realized i was zoned out in the kitchen door way until he said something.