three.

today was the day i left for england. it was probably one of the saddest days of my life. i knew that it would be fun because i would see my brother and meet his friends, but im really going to miss going on adventures with my best friend.

vikki and i were currently in my room trying to finish packing. i had 1 weeks worth of clothes in my very small suitcase with some of my toiletries. and then i had my old, sticker filled, red mini laptop in my small deadpool bag along with my sketch book, books and a few other things i felt like bringing, including all the school work i was given so i could graduate on time. i also had my tenor ukulele in its case.

i had all my bags ready and was ready to head to the airport. vikki offered to drive me and keep me company while i mentally prepared myself for the long journey ahead.

ive never been a big fan of planes. they scare me. a lot. i dont know if its the fact that if you crash theres a very slight chance youll survive, or that youre hundreds of feet in the air, but im terrified.

it was now 45 minutes until my flight took off so i thought it would be a good idea to start going through security now.

i looked at vikki with teary eyes. "i love you so much," i told her as i hugged her tightly, afraid id never be able to see her again.

"i love you so much more," she cried onto my red flannel.

"do you not love me?" josh asked with slight hurt in his voice.

we both pulled him into the hug. "we love you very much, joshua," vikki and i both said in sync.

"i love you guys too,"

"okay, enough with loving each other. go have fun with your brother, meet a cute guy for me, and ill be here when you get back," vikki told me, pulling me into one last hug.

"see ya," i told her, knowing we both hate the word goodbye and much rather prefer see ya, meaning you will see each other again.

"see ya," she repied with a smile.

i smiled back before walking towards security with my deadpool bag on my back.

after making it through security, i bought myself an extra large triple triple from tim hortons and prepared myself for going to a new country.

i pulled out my phone and texted brooklyn.

dani: heyy, i got through security, got my last tims and im gonna board in a half our.

brooklyn: alright. fly safe!!

dani: thanks.

i was about my put my phone back but i got a text from vikki. the nickname we had given her back in grade 8 showed up on my screen

cav: i miss you already <3<3

dani: miss you too <3<3

i sat in silence listening to my music, sipping my coffee, until my flight was called.

B R O O K L Y N

blair and i drove to the train station where dani would be getting off at and waited for my sister.

i was excited. i mean, who wouldnt be. the last time we saw each other in person we were both 14 and i had flown to canada for a few months.

she told me to meet her outside 5 minutes after her train arrived because she needed a cigarette and didnt want to smoke around us. i dont agree with her smoking, i dont support it at all, but its an addiction and if she needs to smoke, i cant stop her.

as soon as blair and i arrived at the station, we saw her standing outside with her small suitcase, her ukulele hanging off one shoulder and small packsack that was hanging off the other shoulder as she finished her cigarette. when she saw me she broke out into a big smile and so did i.