The Infirmary

Chapter 10: The Infirmary

“I am sooo not hearing any of this.”

“What the fuck were you thinking? You’ll risk an innocent person’s life just so you can bring me home?" A very familiar voice yelled outside the room I’m in.

Another male voice mumbles a response and the familar voice yells once agin. "Everybody here’s crazy! …. So is that it? You know I don’t care about the throne. It’s all fucking yours!” He said.

“I am not going to calm down until she wakes up! If she dies, Caleb, I swear I’m gonna kill you… I will never forgive you!” This familiar voice was talking to someone who’s deliberately trying to calm him down.

The other male voice mumbles.

“Don’t ‘brother’ me, because you were never a brother to me! …….You do not tell me what to do. What would you feel when I do that to Clarissa? Huh?”

“See, you’re pissed! And that’s how I feel.”

I can feel the light, penetrating my eyelids. I squint. I heard a small gasp, and then a shrill female voice shouting. “She’s awake. She’s awaaake!”

The voices died out then I heard a click, a scrape and another click. Footsteps marched towards my bed. And I felt a hand clasp mine and a kiss on my knuckles. I felt tears drop on my hand as I started hearing soft sobs. This forced me to try opening my eyes again.

“Lucy? Lucy it’s me.” He said as he held my face.

The first thing I saw was the white marbled ceiling and silver etchings of swirls and flowers leading to a bright chandelier.

“Oh my Lucy, I’m so happy you’re back.” Reece said as he brushed his lips on my knuckles again. He looks tired; he has dark circles around his eyes, his hair was a mess and his skin was two tones paler. He was still wearing the same clothes from the last time I saw him, just much messier.

I looked at the two people behind Reece; a golden haired nurse with amazing green eyes like of a tabby cat’s and a badly beaten blonde guy in perfectly pressed black tux and blue silken cape. I let go of the thought of mentioning the ‘cape’ fashion. Instead, I looked around, finding a row of poshed hospital beds in quilted white comforters. Silver intravenous stands and white desks, lined with lilies and…

“Where am I?” I asked, placing my hands on my pulsating head.

“The infirmary?” The guy in the cape answered, looking around and spreading his arms like it’s not obvious. I hate him instantly. Reece hissed at him and the nurse rolled eyes at him.

“You’re in my house, Lucy.” Reece answered as the nurse elevated the head part the bed, for me to be in a sitting position.

“What happened?” My forehead wrinkled seeing my left ankle on cast.

“You don’t remember?” The guy in the cape asked as a flash of the horrible memory came to me; the shattered window glass, the broken dresser mirror, the blood on my hands, Reece’s blood on my hands.

“Oh my God Reece, are you okay?” I can feel my heart pumping in fear once again as I looked at Reece. He nodded, smiled and I pulled him to an embrace. He kissed my shoulder.

“Oh! Am I seeing this right now?” Cape guy asked hopelessly, throwing his hands in the air. “I’m going to call mother and father.” He turned towards the white double door, flipping his cape that was actually silver on the outside and blue on the inside, into majestic blue waves.