Troy of Druada

Chapter 18: Troy of Druada

“And if forever to you is already a long time, how much more will forever mean to a Soul- Feeder like him?”

8:20 AM

The sun in the Azurian skies shone brightly above the mountains across the borders of the citadel. The air here in Azura is fresh, unlike the air in Michigan, specifically in the highways of Detroit. I held my locks in place as the warm breeze blew my bare neck and shoulders. The flowers, the sun, the wind and even the grassy scents; everything is making me want to run around like some kid on vacation in her grandmother’s house in the country.

The castle and everything in it is different in the daylight. Thoughts of last night’s occurrences came to me again; blood, headless bodies, blood, rolling heads blood again. I shook them off, keeping in mind that it’s the Blood- Suckers that did those things and that Reece’s family won’t tolerate it.

From the elevated end of the colonnade where the carriages of the Blood Vampires line beautifully, we await for the arrival of the Life Feeders.

“I wonder what’s taking them so long, their usually punctual.” Gold voiced out her thoughts. Surely she wasn’t enjoying the entire ten minutes that we’ve been spent standing under the sun as much as I did. I was about to tell her that they might be on their way but the opening inner gates stopped me.

Entering the inner bailey were three green carriages drawn by beautiful brown horses in golden saddles and shoes. I remember riding a blue and silver Azurian carriage drawn by white horses. Then I looked at the red Rossonian Carriages resting with black horses. Now this green and gold one form Druada? Really? Even the rides are color-coded?

I watched as the carriages lined up beside the ones that arrived last night. Gold seemed to be pretty excited as she craned her neck to see who’s inside the second carriage.

From the first and the last carriage came out servant maids in long sleeved, knee length dresses made of slick green silk. I remembered how the Baskerville’s maids looked exactly alike from last night. The maids from Druada also have a distinguishing factor rather than just the dresses; they’re all brunettes. Whether Black, Caucasian or Asian, they seem to require the hair to be brown. Gold and I would fit perfectly into their maid qualifications.

They all look healthy and bubbly, unlike the sick looking and frail pale ones of the Baskervilles. They smiled and greeted Gold and I with warm smiles. I like them instantly.

First to go out of the carriage was on old man. The King, I guessed as I saw the huge golden crown. He looks like he’s just few years younger compared to King Nicolae. And by few years I mean few decades. Maybe three to four years younger. And by three to four years I mean three to four decades. His hair was shoulder length, white and tied with a golden bow in the back. His belly is large; yelling a life of indulgence. His stance is tall and proud; indicating great power. But his gesture of giving a hand to the lady who followed him out of the carriage, pointed out fine manners and thoughtfulness. The lady is his Queen. I concluded as I saw the matching green and gold capes. She was tall and surely overweight; a regular English or Australian woman in her 50’s. He and the lady beside him beamed a happy smile to Gold and I. I like them instantly.

Behind them jumped a boy with the same brown hair as the Queen.

“Troy!” Gold chirped and before I knew it, she had already flown right in front of him. They hugged and jumped in excitement. Troy. I remember his name from the treasury. King Nicolae said Gold was bound to marry Troy. They don’t look like reunited ex fixed marriage victims. They actually look like good friends. Like Martin and I.