Confessions of a Serial Killer

Chapter 27: Confessions of a Serial Killer

“Say hi to the rest of the girls for me.” She said as I saw her raise the knife in the air, ready to plunge it deep in my back.

10:45 PM

Darkness enveloped me in her comforting arms. Officer De Mente said I slept for seventeen hours but I honestly feel like I haven’t slept at all. I fidgeted for a few times, searching for a comfortable position and instantly fell asleep when found one; laying on my back and hugging a huge pillow.

Hearing the door crack open and footsteps coming in was the cause of my sudden stirring. I sleepily opened my eyes to see who it was but it was only a nurse carrying a tray. I closed my eyes again but before I closed them I mentally admired how hot her boots were. I drifted back to sleep and then after a millisecond, a thought came to me.

Nurses can’t wear boots. They’d always wear the comfy white ones. I should know. I’ve been in hospitals for my asthma since I was a kid. I opened my eyes and saw Victoria, placing the empty tray on the bedside table with her left hand and clutching a knife with the other.

“Victoria, what are you doing here?” I feign innocence as I peeled my eyes away from the shining sharp blade and fixed my stare to her fiery bright brown and almost maple tinted contacts.

“Oh hey, your contacts suit your skin tone.” I said, wanting to create a diversion.

“You chose this color, remember? You also chose my hair color.” She said as she fidgeted the knife’s black handle and pointed it to her blonde curly curls with carrot colored roots. The entire room was starting to get as cold as her eyes and her voice. “Fun times.”

“Yeah, they were.” I answered, mentally pounding my brain to change the topic. “Hot kicks by the way,” I finally said.

“Oh, I knew you’d like them. Nicky and Poppy also liked them. Nicky told me while we were watching Oh so boring Wild Child, she asked to make her some coffee so I made her one with my very special ingredient. Did you know I was allergic to caffeine? That’s why I don’t drink, tea, cola, chocolate and much more; coffee! And still, I force myself just to join you guys in those fancy coffee shops that you take me into! Nicole was the addicted one. You were the asthmatic one, saying that it’d be good for the respiratory system. But not for me, you know-it-all bitch.” She laughed and all the hairs in my body stood up like soldier on flag ceremony. As for my heart, I didn’t even know if it was beating or not anymore. “That’s why I used coffee for Nicole.”

“Oh and Poppy’s story was just a little bit interesting. She told me she liked it the moment she saw me come in from her window. She was visibly trembling, I could see it. She knew what I would do when she saw the tennis racket strings I had on my hands. She knows that I’m going to kill her with it. Maybe because she remembered that she made me quit playing tennis because she says it makes my skin ‘uneven’. But you know the truth behind her making me quit? It’s because she wants to be the best in the team. She’s disgusting. She and her lip gloss.” She was walking around the end of my bed seemingly recalling good memories of her murders.

“Why are you doing this Vicky?” I spoke with eminent fear. My lips, trembling with the cold and my throat, dry with the thought of death.

“Oh so you’re calling me ‘Vicky’ now? Just like how all your names go? Nicky, Poppy, Barbie… Kendy, Avery, Lucy and Kathy. Do you see it Lucy? Five down, two to go. And after this night is done, little techy Katherine will go to hell just next in line to you. Too bad I’d have to ruin my design of one bitch a month because of my traitor ex-boyfriend Kenji and his goody-two shoes girlfriend Sybil. I was planning a much cleaner out come for Barbie because she used to be nice; euphemizing all her words just to sound innocent. I wanted to smother her with pages from a dictionary but I thought cutting her tongue would be more appropriate. So I went to her place with my new best friend.” She showed me the knife.