Safe (Bloody/ Gory Scenes- Not for Children)

Chapter 24: Safe (Bloody/ Gory Scenes- Not for Children)

11:30

I was hopeless. I closed my tear filled eyes, held my sobs and prayed to God for divine intervention as I felt his warm breath and soft lips trail alternating kisses, licks and subtle nips from my left ankle to my knee.

I never stopped fighting and squirming but his strong hands kept my legs abducted from each other as he continued to my thighs and up. Suddenly he stopped and I heard a thump on the floor.

I opened my eyes and found him lying lifeless between my legs with his pants open and his torso pierced with a silver sword. I looked up at the man who saved me and tears fell even more. Now, they’re not of fear but of relief. My heart swelled in unexplainable joy, knowing that he’s here; my Prince is here.

He bent down to remove my handcuffs from the hook and embraced me tighter than the usual. “Did he…” His voice was trembling. He broke off the hug to see if I had any damages in me, his eyes spelled worry and despair in a dangerously perfect mix. I shook my head and he released the breath that he had seemed to be holding for some time now. “Oh, thank goodness. If anything happened to you…” He closed his eyes, shaking off the thoughts.

Reece fished the key from the guy’s side pocket and released my hand cuffs. “How did you get here?” I asked just to kill the silence.

“Took one of Gold’s horses. They’re the fastest in Carpatia.” He smiled at me and I did so too, remembering Gold and her expensive imported horses from Druada.

I looked at him, working on the cuffs on my feet and thanked God for giving him to me. I heard a click and I fidgeted my feet, letting the clasps fall to the floor. He pulled me up from the floor but before he was able to drag me out of the godforsaken creeper tent I held his face and gave him a gentle kiss. “Thank you,” It was all that left my mouth after everything.

His sweet smile took all my pains away but the moment has to be ruined; we need to get away. We ran to the opening of the tent and I remembered Cornelia’s Individuality Potion. I went back to the tent and opened the cabinet. There was a lot and there was no time to read so I wiped every shelf clean leaving all the bottles shattered and the potions spilled on the floor.

“Lucy let’s go!” He yelled. I can hear Reece grunting outside but I’m not finished yet. I planned to spill the contents of the cauldron but I had a better idea. I opened of the cabinets and found a bottle with ‘serpiente’ on the tag. I poured few drops on the cauldron and put it back. I was about to close it when I saw one with a ‘dragón’ on the tag.

If she can be evil, I can be evil too. I’m not Snow White. And I’m twice the bitch that you think I am. I thought as I poured almost half of the contents to the mysteriously bubbling cauldron. I placed the bottle inside the cabinet and closed it like it was never opened.

Running outside I saw Reece fighting two men with his bare hands. He needs his sword. I looked back to the dead psycho pervert and ran to grab Reece’s sword. I tightly clasped the handle and planted my left foot to his back, avoiding dragging him as I pull out the sword plunged in his diaphragm. I run out to Reece and he was already on the ground.

The fat guy was dead with his head on an odd angle. The other guy had his axe raised and my world just stopped. I didn’t know how I did it but I ran to the thin guy, while swinging the sword. I had my eyes closed when I was sure I’ll be slicing something with it so I didn’t see. I just felt slicing of the gush of wind and hitting something blunt and then soft and then hard. As I put more energy on the blow I ended up feeling the gush of wind again.

I opened my eyes and found Reece, looking at me with eyes wide open. I looked down and saw the thin man… in half. My heart practically stopped together with my breathing. I killed him. His blood flooded beneath half of his torso with the ends of his lungs visible and rapidly moving. I can see his eyes stir in shock and his lips tremble. His fingers were in agitation as more and more blood oozed from half his stomach. His coarse voice quivered as blood surged from his mouth and nose. His eyes finally rolled up and his lids shut down signaling the end of his suffering.