Sneaky Paparazzi's Discovery

Chapter 3: Sneaky Paparazzi’s Discovery

“I don’t admire people who don’t fear death. It only implies that they do not live a life worth living for.”

11:46 PM

I lifted my heavy creamy white Victorian gown revealing my glittery kitten heals, partially soaked with mud. Avoiding the lifeless twigs and thorny shrubbery, I kept my heavy A-line skirt close so it won’t get caught up with the unkempt dry vines that had strangled themselves with the shrubbery, maybe from few years ago. Now, they’re nothing but a dry mass of weeds that adds up to the eeriness of this isolated not so green greenery.

The loud booming of ‘Cemetery Drive by My Chemical Romance’ from the ball is slowly coming out of earshot. It was getting darker and darker as I kept moving forward; the lyrics of the song sinking in. It was only the faint light of the beautiful round moon that gave luminescence to the spine-chilling path I’m taking. I was about to call out Kendra’s name but my diamond tiara got caught up with a dry branch.

Shit. This is it, I’m going back.

I looked back to the end of the hallway where I came from. It was already far away- far enough that my view of it was almost covered by dry leafless trees; far enough to be afraid.

The cold wind blew against me, sending my bare shoulders and exposed legs into slight shivers. My heart gave a sudden leap as I noticed movements from the deeper part of the forest. I watched intently as I notice it was a person. It was a dark girl in beige colored gown- it was Kendra.

Oh Kendra honey, I’m gonna kill you for delaying your own coronation.

I smiled at the thought and walked towards her. I wanted to congratulate her for winning over Tiffany but then, I came to a halt when I heard her talking.

“Please, please just tonight. Please Reece, please.”

Quickly, I hid myself behind a huge oak tree and checked who it was that she’s with. My paparazzi instinct just comes out naturally every time I tumble into a good piece of news. And lo and behold she was with the ravishingly handsome homecoming king nominee; Mr. Reece Daniel Dragomir.

“I already told you Kendra, I like somebody else.” He sounded hopeless, irritated and angry at the same time.

“So it really is her, huh? You know what I can do to her Reece. I can bring her down anytime I want.” She threatened.

“You do not talk about her like that.” He was almost yelling. His baby blue eyes turned into a deeper hue of blue. “What do you want?” He hissed.

“Kiss me. Kiss me and I’ll never get them to touch her.”

I pressed my back, back against the sturdy trunk of the huge oak tree that hid me from them. I don’t care about your ‘Lover’s quarrels’, I’m just here to take an evidence of your entanglement. Pulling out my small pink cannon digital camera from my gown’s pocket, I realized that I was in a perfect angle of view.

I could have Mr. Dragomir’s face on full view while I could make small adjustments to get a better view of Kendra’s. I didn’t want to have my flash destroy their little moment of lust so instead of turning off the flash that might cause a clicking sound as I capture, I opted to record a video of them.

My heart was beating fast. I feel like some undercover agent. I imagined the tree where I’m hiding falling apart, exposing me from my subjects. I’ll surely be out running in the hills from embarrassment. I guess this is why I love my job; it’s the thrill. I’ll just publish their kissy moment as a picture and hide the original video. There smooching is safe with me.