Undercover Under Cover

Chapter 7: Undercover Under Cover

10:00 PM

I spent the night conscience free and drinking a bottle of Margarita after such a stressful day. My mom isn’t home because of a date so I have the house all by myself with the maid on leave.

There was nothing good on TV after I watched Grey’s Anatomy on DVD as I finished another bottle. I don’t really drink a lot but this time maybe, is an exemption because I wanted to forget.

The ding of the door bell startled me as I stumble from the couch to the door. Oh, am I this drunk? Maybe the Forensics doctor was so boring that he sent mom home early. I sleepily opened the door and pass out that instant.

I stir being carried bridal style up above the staircase. I noticed my glittery name nailed on my bedroom door as it was opened by my companion.

“Have you been drinking?” He asked unexcitingly as he laid me in my lonely four-poster bed. I nodded realizing that it’s another one of Tyler’s sleep over slash make out sessions again.

“You should stop doing that.” He lectured as my blurry vision provided me with the luscious sight of him standing with arms folded beside my bedside table. I wonder why he’s on a varsity jacket and pink shirt instead of his usual well-pressed polo neck.

“Why?” I puffed turning my back to him and curling with my fluffy pillow.

“Because random strangers might just get in here and… hurt you.” He answered with sincerity and worry. I released a giggle.

Really?

“You always hurt me Tyler.” I faked a sob and let out a stupid laugh as I lifted my night gown above my waist to let him see a couple of bruises he made from last time’s make out session.

“Wha…Oh my… Jesus, Lucy he did thi… I mean, I did this?” His voice was oozing with anger as I felt his side of the bed depress in his weight. He never calls me ‘Lucy’, he knows I hate it but I’ll let it pass this time because I don’t even have enough energy to argue with.

Sitting beside me he gently caressed the end of my spine where my bruises lie. “This is not right. I should’ve known this would happen.” He talked more to himself than to me.

I wanted his touch off me so I held his hand and rolled facing him. Reaching up, I hesitantly stroke his blonde hair. Only the dim lit lamps on each side of my bed provided luminescence in the room. With my hazy vision, everything in it seemed like an R- rated movie.

“You cut your hair?” I try hard to open my eyes but I don’t succeed. I felt him nod as I placed my hands in his nape. He bends over and kisses me gently. This is different. Tyler would always be harsh, claiming me like there’s no tomorrow. I like this, this way; gentle, slow, loving, lingering.

He breaks off the kiss like nothing he’s ever done before and fondles my nose with his. I opened my eyes with his sudden display of cuteness. He’s eyes were different, a darker shade of baby blue than the usual brighter blue. Different. Different like the sky and the sea. He kisses me quick.

“I love you Lucy” he nuzzles my neck and trails kisses from my ear to my jaw, to my throat, to my collarbone.

“I know,” I pant, burying my face in his neck. I recognize this faint scent- Hugo boss. I just don’t recall the last time I smelled it, but I like it. Suddenly he moves above me, pressing me deep into my furry pink sheets. I can feel his building up way below my navel as he stooped down to kiss me with a long lingering kiss.

“Oh, Tyler” I said as he run his hands around the contours of my chest with my nightgown still on. The instant he heard his name, he stopped. It made him move out of the bed. And I was just dumbfounded. Seriously?